Wood in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring an SCM Lead on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The SCM Team Lead will be responsible for designing and executing strategies and plans to meet short-term and long-term supply chain management and control requirements, including subcontracting, purchasing, planning and scheduling, inventory management, warehousing, goods receipt and the Logistics processes.
- Implement a fully functional supply chain management system and control organization to serve the needs of the project.
- Develop and maintain management system and processes appropriate for the work in compliance with the contract management system structure.
- Develop and coordinate policies and procedures for subcontracts, procurement, materials management and logistics processes throughout the contract scope.
- Ensure the maintenance and accuracy of data in MRP/ERP system (input and issuance from inventory, labor reporting, startup of RFQ and quoting modules, etc.).
- Develop and maintain absolute transparency in all department processes and compliance with corporate Ethics Policies and Corporate governance.
- Negotiate with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Negotiate blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitor cost during the time period.
- Prepare status reports and presentations for Management.
- Coordination of daily duties of SCM support staff.
- Development of requirements and involvement in the automation/test of procurement and logistics software.
- Implementation and enhancement of the Inventory Control System for greater efficiency and improved customer service.
- Liaise with the Operations Managers to define and implement development plans for Subcontractors.
- Develop new supply sources where current vendors or the supply base in country are inadequate.
- Develop and implement performance management systems to adequately and fairly assess the subcontractors and suppliers.
- Examine bids, prepare and approve recommendations and make awards.
- Check requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers.
- Trace delinquent arrivals from Purchase Orders, manage the expedite function and provide monthly reports on areas of responsibility.
- Support the Company’s Continuous Improvement Process.
- Ensure the project has visible and proactive and reportable expediting.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BSc) from a recognised university.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ Supply Chain Management experience in an Oil and Gas EPCM and/or Brownfield Modifications environment of which 5 must be a supervisor/managerial level.
- Ability to understand and focus on the commitment to provide the highest level of service and product quality to the End User groups.
- Able to manage effectively and build strong business relationships with the strategically selected Suppliers and Subcontractor.
- Ability to synthesise complex data, reach logical conclusions and present findings to management.
- Ability to work effectively, prioritise and develop realistic action plans in a fast-paced work environment.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Capable of delegating work assignments, giving authority to work independently, setting expectations and monitoring delegated activities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Inspire and motivate others to work well and accept feedback.
- Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; make self available to staff; provide regular performance feedback; and develop subordinates’ skills and encourage growth.
- Seek ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including MS Office.
- Nationals/Permanent residents of Trinidad wil be given preference.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.