Grand Hyatt Baha Mar in Bahamas is hiring a RESERVE MANAGER - ROOMS ADMINISTRATION (GRAND HYATT BAHA MAR (JOB ID: 411) on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
- College Degree in Business, Hospitality or related field preferred
- 3 years+ of management experience in Housekeeping
- Must have hospitality or casino related Housekeeping experience
Description of Responsibilities
- To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To monitor service and rooms standards in all places of work.
- To work with Front Office Manager, Assistant Managers, Housekeeping Manager, Laundry Manager and Room Service Manager to take corrective action where necessary.
- To be available and on duty during peak periods (frequently opening and closing the operation).
- To conduct frequent and thorough inspections together with the Housekeeping Manager and other Assistant Managers - Front Office Department.
- To handle guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To assist subordinates during peak hours.
- To supervise the employees within the department and train all front office employees on the correct standards.
- To ensure the strict control of room keys.
- To assist in securing external guest accommodation should an overbooking occur.
- To ensure that public areas are clean and up to standards.
- To ensure that all daily V.I.P. rooms, special request rooms, Long Stay guest rooms for arrivals are blocked in advance and accordingly welcome amenities are appropriately ordered.
- To ensure that all V.I.P. / Long Stay are met on arrival by the VIP Manager.
- To ensure that all rooms are pre-blocked accordingly to arrival time and housekeeping is informed.
- To work closely with Housekeeping and Engineering Department to ensure that rooms are blocked accordingly for maintenance.