Amentum in Bahamas is hiring a Launch Crew Technician on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Must currently work on the existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Launch Crew Technician in Andros Island, Bahamas to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Be responsible for launch and recovery of NAVSEA/NAVAIR vehicles from vessels and helicopters.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs to various launcher systems (Telescopic Target Launcher/MK-32,Mod-17 Surface Launcher/Helicopter MK-146 Helicopter Launcher, MK-59 Torpedo Tube and the Smokey SAM Launchers).
- Perform launch operations to include fire control systems aboard marine vessels and
- helicopters of various NAVSEA/NAVAIR undersea vehicles.
- Perform maintenance on hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical equipment to support the launcher and recovery systems both on shore and at sea.
- Perform incoming inspections on RFI undersea vehicles; handling, preparation, post run and transport of vehicles and associated equipment in accordance with NAVAIR/NAVSEA/NAVFAC guidelines.
- Operate tractor-trailer, forklift, and overhead cranes per NAVFAC guidelines.
- Conduct rigging operations of heavy equipment per NAVFAC standards.
- Handle, package, transport hazardous ordnance material up to 1.1 per NAVORD standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- AA/AS degree in Electronics or military equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years actual launch and recovery and electronic experience required.
- Valid passport and Driver’s licensed required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.
- US Navy Basic and Advanced Underwater Torpedo School preferred.
- One (1) or more year(s) related experience launching undersea vehicles preferred.
- One (1) year in forklift, tractor-trailer, and overhead crane operations preferred.
- One (1) year electronics technology experience.
- NAVFAC crane operator certification preferred.
- CDL with HAZMAT endorsement preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.