Doctors Hospital Health System, Bahamas in Bahamas is hiring a Phlebotomist on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
To draw intravenous and capillary blood from adults, children and infants. To perform clerical duties associated with the drawing of blood specimens. To be cross-trained in specimen processing and blood procurement areas.
- Draws intravenous blood, using proper aseptic and collection techniques, from the veins of adults and children.
- Draws capillary blood, using proper aseptic and collection techniques, from the fingers of adults and children and from the great toe or heel of infants.
- Draws intravenous blood into proper tubes and culture vials according to the purpose for which
- the blood is to be tested.
- Draws capillary blood into proper Microtainers, Unopettes and tubes according to the purpose for which the blood is to be tested.
- Makes rounds on Nursing Units according to established policies to obtain specimens, collect requisitions, deliver reports and draw blood as indicated.
- Sorts slips for each unit and prepares carts/trays for next day’s assignments.
- Takes charge of Phlebotomy on weekends and holidays as required by the Department.
- Sets up and maintains drawing carts and/or trays according to the number and type of blood specimens to be drawn.
- Assists with the teaching of venipuncture and capillary techniques to students and new personnel as required.
- Maintains work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Performs duties as appropriate to the age of the patient served (i.e. child, adolescent, adult, geriatric).
- Consistently reports to work on time, ready to work at the start of the shift and works steadily to the end of the shift.
- Works schedules shifts. Is not absent without appropriate documentation.
- Always provides proper notification when late or absent with at least two hours notice. Distribute and collects patient surveys.
- Performs other tasks of the department as requested.
- CERTIFICATE IN PHLEBOTOMY FROM AN ACCREDITED PHLEBOTOMY COURSE/ OR CERTIFIED OFFICE LABORATORY TECHNICIAN OR PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (PCT).
- 0 – 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE.
- MUST HAVE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
- MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY BACKGROUND PREFERRED.