Doctors Hospital Health System, Bahamas in Bahamas is hiring a Jr. Health Navigator on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Health Navigator works in collaboration with the Patient Experience Manager, The Office of Nursing Administration, primary care provider and all members of the health care team. Accepts referrals and manages assigned caseload. Responsible and accountable for direct and indirect patient care for designated patient populations. Assesses healthcare needs of clients entering the healthcare system. Serves as patient advocate and assists in identification and improvement of service delivery. This position requires knowledge of the nursing process, using critical thinking skills to plan and coordinate patient’s movement through the health care system. The navigator also serves as a clinical resource to other clinical and non-clinical associates.
- Nursing Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years of Nursing School preferred.
- Hospitality background is a plus.
- CPR and BLS Certification required.
- Ability to work independently and exercise clinical judgment in interactions with Physicians, payers, patients and their families.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by a capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Aware of scope of practice boundaries, comfortable seeking direction and assistance from direct report.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Excellent negotiation skills.
- Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record. Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with the hospitals signed confidentiality agreement.
- Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following the organizations policies and procedures.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following DHHS policies and procedures.
- Delegating – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate team members, peers or superiors.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions, work times and work responsibilities. Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
- Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.