Doctors Hospital Health System, Bahamas in Bahamas is hiring a Rehabilitation Services Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
- Responsible for the direction of the Rehabilitation Services Department. Coordinates and supervises operations and staffing of the department. Maintains Performance Improvement activities within the department and develops departmental budget, evaluating performance verses budget and takes appropriate action to remain within budget guidelines. Liaisons with referring Physicians in connection with departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for interviewing and selecting of new associates with Human Resources personnel. Cooperators with all other rehabilitation staff member within the department. Works closely with the Medical Director and performs any other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
- Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
- Ensures that duties of all staff are performed according to job description.
- Ensures that all performance appraisals are completed on a timely basis.
- Represents the Rehabilitation Services Department in patient and administrative issues.
- Interfaces with the Human Resources Department VP, regarding hiring needs.
- Performs management activities including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and termination of Associates.
- Prepares reports regarding Rehabilitation Services, i.e. utilization, performance improvement, service data, outcome data and productivity.
- Ensures that all personnel are familiar with department policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all education to staff on Performance Improvement is provided.
- Resolves personnel concerns at the departmental level, utilizing the grievance process as required.
- Actively markets and advocates the Rehabilitation Services Department to Physicians, Discharge Planners, Home Health Agencies and other organizations, as indicated in collaboration with DHHS Marketing VP.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments within the organization, as well as other Rehabilitation Departments in the Bahamas and the region.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in either Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy is required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years required.
- Management skills preferred.
- Computer skills required.
- Rehabilitation services modalities skills required.
- Health Professionals Council
- Previous experience in rehabilitation services preferred.