PAE in Bahamas is hiring a Communications & Lab Svcs Tech II on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, testing and the installation of a variety of complex telecommunications & telemetry systems installed throughout the AUTEC project and at CONUS sites as required.
- Perform in depth troubleshooting of telecommunications equipment to component level and complete and document repairs.
- If assigned to the Technical Services Branch, install and verify operation of RF transport telemetry devices aboard U.S. Navy vessels and aircraft.
- If assigned to the Communications Branch, perform Administrative actions and maintenance of a campus level Public Branch Exchange (PBX) and radio-to-wire intercom system.
- If assigned to the Communications Branch, perform installation of Telephones and CATV drops, installation and maintenance of inside and outside plant cable systems.
- Assist in new equipment installation and Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT)
- Able to perform and maintain shipboard communications installations
- Performs analysis of equipment and systems on a daily basis to assess performance.
- Performs administrative record keeping and spares inventories for maintenance of assigned systems.
- Perform on-call duties as required or scheduled.
- Utilize antenna testers, Watt Meters, VOMs, pulse generators, Communications Test Sets, dynamic signal analyzers and other various test equipment
- Associates degree in telecommunications, information systems, communications-electronics (CE) to include VHF/UHF receivers/transmitters, transceivers, antenna systems or military equivalent training in a closely related field.
- Experience using the following pieces of RF test equipment: multi-meters, Time Domain Reflectometers (TDRs), Spectrum Analyzers, service monitors/ communication system analyzers, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, power meters.
- Minimum of four years related experience working in a telecommunications technology environment with extensive training and hands-on experience in a specialty field, e,g. Land Mobile Radio (LMR), satellite communications, voice circuits, Wide Area Network (WAN) circuits, telemetry and SCADA, telephony (POTS and VOIP, inside plant operations, outside plant operations).
- Must be able to work aboard ships at sea to install and de-install telemetry, packet radio and other RF dependent equipment
- Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds of equipment. Reach above the shoulders and climb using legs and arms to perform tasks
- Ability to distinguish basic colors codes for communications cables.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with test equipment for thorough analysis of equipment and sub-systems.
- PC literate to maintain data bases creates spreadsheets and word processing skills required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities
- Valid Driver’s License and passport required.
- Past experience working with crypto equipment desired.
- Current and past experience repairing circuit boards not required, but desired.
- Outside plant maintenance and installation highly desired.
- Thorough understanding of wire and cable installation standards and common telecommunication related protocols desired.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.