PAE in Bahamas is hiring a Pest Control Applicator on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for the Department of Defense certified pest control applicator on the AUTEC project.
- Follow AUTEC Pest Management Plan including Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques.
- Must work independently under general supervision and routine non-business hours.
- Able to receive work orders, plan, schedule, coordinate, respond after hours and execute work independently.
- Conduct inspections to ensure that acceptable safety sanitation standards are being maintained
- Apply herbicides for weed control as necessary
- Apply pesticides and vector control products
- Operate vector control equipment
- Conduct inspections to ensure that acceptable safety sanitations standards are being maintained
- Responsible for performing pest management services at main site and other remote sites
- Provide Animal Control Services (setting traps to capture / impounding stray feral cats & dogs, and capture / relocate snakes, reptiles, bees or birds) as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 3-5 years as licensed pest control applicator preferred.
- Must be able to obtain within one (1) year of hire, or currently hold Department of Defense certificate of competency as a certified applicator to select and apply pesticides in the following categories - forest, ornamental and turf, aquatic, right-of-way, industrial, institutional, structural, and health-related and public health.
- Emphasis is placed on the ability to identify and utilize all pest control strategies and techniques for every pest encounter.
- Identify pest by taxonomic characteristics.
- Knowledge of building construction and ability to determine causes of odor complaints.
- May be required to perform on-call duties including responding to after-hours and weekend’s pest control emergencies.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office and associated programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer.
- Occasionally lift/push/carry/pull up to 75 pounds of equipment.
- Good housekeeping skills, and well organized, able to plan, prioritize and execute.
- Walk/stand for extended periods, climb ladders, towers and structures up to six feet, kneel and crouch for inspecting on occasion.
- Vision (or corrected to) 20/20 for visual identification of safety hazards.
- Must pass a pre-employment medical examination and be cleared to perform physical requirements; wear respirators and other service equipment as well as applicable personal protective equipment/clothing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.