Superpharm in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Pharmacy Technician I on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The position requires shift work including weekends and public holidays. Due to the nature of the job, the Employee may be required to work for other periods and hours as the Company shall determine. The Company shall give the Employee reasonable notice where the Employee is expected to work beyond his/her usual working hours.
The role requires the Employee to process prescriptions, cash, replenish and merchandise. To provide exceptional internal and external customer service as per Company standards. Assist with dispensing medicine under the supervision of a Pharmacist. Procure, store and issue pharmaceutical materials and supplies. Maintain files and records and submit required pharmacy reports. Obtain or receive merchandise/medication, total bills, accept payment, and make change for customers in retail store. To process sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, operating cash registers, generating sales, merchandising and safeguarding Company assets. To ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures. To perform other duties that supports the effective and efficient operations of the retail store.
- Provides exceptional, friendly, knowledgeable service to all customers.
- Receives written prescriptions or telephoned refill requests, and verifies that the information is complete and accurate before processing.
- Assists the Pharmacist with the processing and dispensing of medication in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assesses the customers’ needs and refers the customers to the Pharmacist as required where further advice on medications, treatments or medical conditions is needed.
- Stores all relevant forms in an efficient manner after prescriptions are dispensed, including, but not limited to, CDAP forms; 3rd Party Insurance forms; Narcotic/Controlled/Antibiotic/Regular prescriptions.
- Provides assistance and advice about the Company’s products and services to customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assists customers in finding over the counter medications as required.
- Responds to customer inquiries or questions concerning the location; price; and use of merchandise and medication, in a prompt and professional manner.
- Places special orders and/or contacts other stores to locate desired items on behalf of the customers as required.
- Assists customers with the resolution of queries and complaints received, including but not limited to, complaints or queries received in-store, as well as complaints or queries received via telephone, in a
- timely manner.
- Ensures that customer requests are communicated to the Pharmacist/Senior Pharmacist as required.
- Executes point of sale transactions in an accurate and efficient manner, including, but not limited to, cashing items at point of sale; ensuring that products are packed and handed to customers at check out; ensuring that customers tender the sufficient funds to complete payment and are provided with the correct change as required; ensuring that products; and balancing and reconciling the cash drawer at the end of the shift.
- Maintains orderly appearance of register area.
- Does customer returns with Manager’s approval and in keeping with the Company’s policy for same.
- Packages all customer purchases and deliveries.
- Answers the Company phone in a prompt and professional manner.
- Accurately tags price on merchandise and medication, and completes price changes for all OTC products in a timely and efficient manner.
- Sets up advertising/promotions displays or arranges merchandise on counters or shelves to promote sales
- Monitors stock levels and replenishes and merchandises products as required.
- Checks inventory daily for damages and expiries, and advises the relevant Company personnel of same.
- Assists with stock counts as required, including, but not limited to, for audit purposes.
- Ensures that all guidance related to the proper storage and security conditions for pharmaceutical products are maintained at all times.
- Maintains an awareness and knowledge of all sales, discounts, promotions and advertisements of the Company.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary store and working environment at all times, and assists with housekeeping to achieve same.
- Participates in team feedback meetings as required.
- Performs any other duties as required by the Company.
- Strong interest in helping deliver exceptional and consistent customer service
- Resilient, with ability to maintain a positive attitude in challenging situations
- Ability to work alone or as a part of a team
- Ability to speak effectively with customers
- Confident and self-motivated
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be able to pull, push and lift sometimes awkward objects weighing 20 lbs
- Five (5) O’ level passes including Mathematics, English and/or Chemistry/Biology
- Computer Literacy
- Certification as a Pharmacy Technician
- 2 years previous retail Pharmacy and customer service experience
- The above roles and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by person/persons assigned to this classification.
- They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and should be regarded only as a guide.
- The employee will be expected to undertake any reasonable activities according to the needs of the business at the time and under the direction of the Senior Pharmacist/Pharmacist.
- These will be subject to periodic review, and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The employee will be expected to participate in this process, and the company would aim to reach agreement to any changes.