The Moorings Yacht Charters in Bahamas is hiring a CHARTER CHEF on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
At The Moorings and Sunsail, we plan and deliver fantastic yacht charters across the world.
We have an abiding passion for sailing, by taking sailing holidays to the next level across the most spectacular destinations worldwide which keep our customers coming back again and again! From independent sailing holidays to fully catered crewed and power yacht charters we offer our customers a range of product options, and most importantly an unforgettable experience.
The secret to our success within the yacht industry lies in our exceptional teams, we are united by the same mission: to have fun while creating extraordinary experiences on the water.
Whilst on charter, the chef is responsible for the preparation of meals throughout, specifically tailored to the client’s preferences.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for menu planning and provisioning of the yacht for charter. Ensure that the menu is in accordance with the guest’s preferences and that meals are well prepared and tastefully presented
- Maintain the cleanliness of the interior including daily housekeeping of all guest areas of the yacht to The Moorings’ standard
- Keep the galley and equipment clean and organised at all times and clean up following each meal
- Act as a host for the charter party, organising activities and excursions as required, and providing local information throughout the charter
- Help ensure the safety of guests throughout the charter
- Responsible and honest handling of any cash floats
- When booked alongside a captain support with safe mooring of the vessel and deckwork duties as required
- Following completion of charter, ensure the yacht is left in a good condition, ensure the interior is left in a clean and tidy manner, and that all trash is removed
- Report any incidents during charter to the manager in a timely manner, initially verbally and followed by a written report
- For any assigned all-inclusive crewed charters
- Contact the clients in advance of charter to discuss their vacation
- Complete full provisioning of the vessel prior to customer arrival
- Keep accounting records in good order, and ensure that expenditure is kept within the charter budget
- Complete a midweek linen change during the charter
- Provide a variety of cocktails
- Any other duties as directed by the manager
What we are looking for
- Valid STCW
- Previous experience in a culinary position
- Experience working to dietary requirements and particular preferences
- Customer service experience and the ability to communicate with customers at all levels
- Organised and reliable
- Confident living and working on a yacht with the ability to ensure clients feel safe and comfortable