The Moorings Yacht Charters in Bahamas is hiring a CHARTER CAPTAIN on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
At The Moorings and Sunsail, we plan and deliver fantastic yacht charters across the world.
We have an abiding passion for sailing, taking yachting holidays to the next level across the most spectacular destinations worldwide which keep our customers coming back again and again! From independent sailing holidays to fully catered crewed and power yacht charters we offer our customers a range of product options, and most importantly an unforgettable experience.
The secret to our success within the yacht industry lies in our exceptional teams, we are united by the same purpose, to have fun while creating extraordinary experiences on the water.
Whilst on charter, the captain is responsible for the safety of clients, any crew, and the yacht. At times you may be assigned an all-inclusive crewed yacht charter working alongside a chef.
What you will be doing
- Day to day management of the vessel, guests and crew to ensure the safety of all people on board and the operation of a safe, efficient, and customer-oriented yacht through out the charter
- Be responsible for the safe piloting, navigation, anchoring and operation of the yacht at all times
- Maintain all technical and general aspects of the yacht including equipment and the dinghy to The Moorings standard whilst on charter, reporting any issues to the technical manager.
- Keep an updated log book recording hours, passages and mileage and report to the technical manager.
- Greet clients and assist with boarding, followed by a welcome brief covering safety and relevant yacht information, including the whereabouts of all safety equipment.
- Act as a host for the charter party, organising activities and excursions as required, and providing local information throughout the charter.
- Provide basic instruction for snorkelling, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding.
- Responsible for the safe usage of the tender, including ferrying guests to and from the yacht and water sport as required.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the yacht during the charter including a daily wash down to ensure the yacht meets The Moorings standards at all times
- Following completion of charter, ensure the yacht is left in a good condition, washed down and tidy, all trash must be removed, and all technical faults must be relayed to the base technical team prior to departure
- Report any incidents during charter to the manager in a timely manner, initially verbally and followed by a written report
- Responsible and honest handling of any cash floats
- For any assigned crewed all-inclusive charters, keep accounting records in good order, and ensure that expenditure is kept within the charter budget
- Any other duties as directed by the manager.
What we are looking for
- Bahamas A Class captains Licence or global equivalent to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore
- Valid STCW
- High level of awareness of the importance of safety when responsible for clients, crew and the vessel.
- Previous experience in a similar position is desirable
- Customer service experience with the ability to communicate with customers at all levels
- Basic technical experience on similar sized yachts and systems – willingness and ability to fix issues as they arise during charter
- Experience managing guests in and around a tender in a safe and controlled manner