Superpharm in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Category Manager - Pharmaceutical & Healthcare on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
SuperPharm Limited is searching for a customer focused and solutions driven Leader in the Category Management field who values and drives collaboration and leads with agility and creativity in a dynamic environment.
The Category Manager will manage the profitable growth and optimization of resources necessary to support a group of assigned categories. Leading and driving implementation of CM Strategies and activities that enhance SPL’s revenue growth and long-term strategic positioning. Drives traffic & sales to all Stores through product assortment, pricing, and various other CM Strategies.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive analysis of assigned categories by vendor and brand, as appropriate, producing monthly category and vendor reports.
- Reviews sales, GP margins and profitability of assigned categories per store to determine performance against plan and prior year to ensure monthly and annual targets are met.
- Develops and deploys a robust customer insight approach to the business so that the Company achieves its strategic goals.
- Uses current spend information/data and business knowledge to identify sourcing projects for individual subcategories and develops an overall cost reduction plan.
- Develops and implements category strategies and business plans to support profitable and sustained growth through optimal product selection, pricing, merchandising and promotion.
- Identifies opportunities for category growth using proven consumer insights and data driven methods. Assess complex shopper data and produce meaningful information for the categories.
- Identifies relevant competitive/industry insights to ensure SPL maintains leadership in the retail pharmacy landscape.
- Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices.
- Assumes responsibility for the sourcing of new items and the development of existing brands, ensuring that product mix is competitive while maximizing profits.
- Recognizes procurement needs and gaps in procurement, inventory and supply chain and creates and executes strategies to address same.
- Works cross-functionally to support robust 360 campaigns in support of various new and core products and services across assigned categories.
- Ensures that purchases are made with thorough analysis of general business economics and conditions, sources of supply, merchandise requirements and overall company policy.
- Directs and executes strategic sourcing strategies, best practices, and initiatives that support aggressive improvements in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, improved coordination and other areas as identified.
- Develops and builds relationships with new and existing vendors and suppliers.
- Participates in the negotiation of terms to maximize business profits and deliver best value to customers.
- Develops selection criteria and drives the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conducts supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management.
- Develops negotiation strategies, gains alignment from stakeholders, leads cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implements appropriate supplier risk and analysis.
- Develops supplier scorecard to measure supplier performance against agreed upon key performance indicators.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates, technical and contractual requirements are met.
- Acts as the internal point of contact for supplier management and complaint resolution; conducts regular supplier meetings and implements improvement strategies with suppliers.
- Manages stock levels according to sales trends to ensure effective SKU control and proper inventory levels at all locations.
- Ensures accurate inventory management for categories, including but not limited to, Optimum Stock Levels, Management of SLOBs, Inventory Turns, Depletion Plans and Min/Max Stock levels.
- Establishes procedures to procure pharmaceuticals in Emergency stock outs from alternative sources. Develop and manage specific projects/assignments to avoid stock-outs.
- Aggressively manages category performance by adhering to internal cost savings goals and reviewing financial models for commodity type items. Ensures spend portfolio for reoccurring managed spend is balanced.
- Creates sales and promotional plans in conjunction with vendor partners and Company Operations personnel, to support outstanding store execution.
- Works with key local and international partners to enhance merchandising at retail stores.
- Delivers clear, concise communications across all areas of the business, relative to category.
- Provides strong leadership, coaching and mentoring to the Category Management – Pharmaceutical Team.
- Cultivates team morale, motivation and loyalty through continuous training and mentorship, setting obtainable performance goals, proving clear communication and constructive feedback.
- Performs any other duties as required.
- Experience and/or qualifications in the field of Purchasing and/or Supply Chain Management.
- Five (5) years’ work experience in a similar capacity or Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical field.
- Previous experience in a retail environment would be considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the fundamental principles of the procurement and supply chain process.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team of direct reports.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, financial and P&L skills.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and possess a vehicle in good working condition that he/she is willing to use in the execution of job responsibilities.
- Ability to travel overseas from time to time for the purpose of attending trade shows.