iGovTT in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Team Lead (Data Center Services) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
This position provides leadership to a team that is responsible for the smooth operation of the Government Wide Area Network (GovNeTT) and Data Centre - a secure and reliable hosting environment for ICT application services, desktop as well as business application systems, to facilitate an ICT-enabled workforce in the Government of Trinidad & Tobago, and also support business transactions between the Government and its external customers (i.e. the public and the business community).
Key and Critical Responsibilities
- Supervise and provide guidance to the Data Center Services Team for the smooth operation and administration of the enterprise-wide technical infrastructure and shared application infrastructure (e.g. GovNeTT, FSI) to support business applications hosted in the Data Center Services
- Work with Solution Architect Office, Application Support Team, Technical Support Team and Help Desk to plan for technology refresh, and implement enhancements to enterprise-wide technical infrastructure and common application services (collectively referred to as Shared Platforms e.g. ePayment system, eAuthentication system)
- Work closely with the relevant application support team to ensure enterprise business applications hosted at the Data Center or published over GovNeTT function as required eg. ttconnect Portal, GPS, iHRIS, etc.
- Manage assigned tickets with the objective of resolving as many problems as possible; and where necessary, escalates incidents to Application Support, Technical Support of vendor (depending on the nature of the problem) for support to resolve issues and problem
- Track service performance to ensure that Data Center Services meets the Service Level Agreement (SLAs) as per agreement with customers in terms of problem response and resolution time and procedures
- Possess and maintain excellent understanding of all the technology and technical solutions being operated within Data Center Services for the purpose of providing good Tier 2 support
- Responsible for ensuring timely resolution of queries regarding installations, setups, error messages, status, system procedures, system status, and downtime on the systems under purview
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining up-to-date technical procedures to document steps for problem resolution
- Work with other teams on problem resolution applying knowledge of principles, practices and procedures required to develop/design and implement information system based solution in a LAN/WAN environment
- Ensure proper ticket closure with users and relevant technical teams for all cases logged with Data Center Services
- Help to identify training/awareness needs for users across ministries (based on problems logged through helpdesk) and work with Head (Operations) to plan for intervention/sensitization (e.g. end-user training) to introduce good ICT service usage practices, with an aim to address common issues
- Ensure the availability of the service as part of the daily routine and oversee continuity management ensuring disaster preparedness
- Contribute to the development of the company’s ICT annual estimates of expenditure and other strategic / operational plans by preparing the necessary inputs pertaining to Data Center Services’s scope of works
- Performs other relevant duties assigned by the Head, Operations
- Ensure compliance and achievement of identified KPIs, SLAs and OLAs for the team
- Support the other Teams in the achievement of their SLAs and OLAs
- Work with other company Units on ICT related projects
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 7 - 9 years’ experience in supporting mission-critical ICT production environment, comprising large-scale and enterprise-wide ICT infrastructure
- At least 3 years’ progressive experience in a supervisory/ management role
- Specialist knowledge and experience working with international ICT best practices such as ITIL, MOF and COBIT
- Experience in leading, managing and coaching a high performing application support team
- Working experience in developing and executing alliance agreement with partners
- Proven ability to develop and support complex, integrated technical solutions
- Proven experience in managing, maintaining and applying fixes to ICT infrastructure, applications, software and services to ensure appropriate support and service level standards are met or exceeded.
- A sound understanding of working within national, international, corporate and industry and professional standards
- Practical experience in policy development and project management in the areas of e-Government and e-Business
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, techniques, practice and methodologies of ICT-enabling technologies and enterprise-wide application sharing
- Significant experience in pulling together multiple government stakeholders (national/regional government agencies and educational institutions) in order to facilitate a collaborative or shared service offering
- Solid understanding of international trends in ICT-enabling infrastructure and enterprise-wide applications, including pricing etc.
- Experience in a public service environment would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- First Degree in ICT, MIS, Computer Science or Engineering or any other related discipline
- ITIL, CISM, MOF, COBIT or CGEIT certification
- Formal training in project management and customer service would be considered an asset
- Post graduate training/education in ICT, MIS, Engineering, Business Management, Project Management or any related discipline would be considered an asset