iGovTT in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Professional - Programme Management Office on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Reporting to the Team Lead Programme Management -the position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of ICT projects in support of the Line Ministry and the National ICT Strategy.
Key and Critical Responsibilities
- Ensuring that projects are implemented effectively and are synergised with the Line Ministry and related National ICT Strategy initiatives and leveraging technologies and other investments wherever possible
- Liaising and collaborating with ministries and private sector organisations as required, to ensure effective planning, design and implementation of ICT projects assigned to him/her, covering the following aspects of project management:
- Bring about synergies across related projects and tap potential collaboration opportunities government-wide
- Practice project management principles, good practices and tools
- Perform project progress monitoring, evaluation and resolve project issues, if any
- Develop and execute resourcing plan
- Implement change management as required by the projects
- Develop and execute risk management plans; and
- Perform quality assurance checks on project deliverables from the project team (typically comprising vendor project team and/or other NICTC project team members).
- Potentially overseeing multiple projects of varying complexities
- Ensuring compliance with approved project management methodologies, seeking advice and assistance when required from the Senior Professional (Programme Management) or other identified persons to manage project issues and report to management as necessary
- Being overall responsible for project timeline, cash flow and quality of deliverables from contracted ICT vendors
- Ensuring effective communication with project stakeholders, project team members and vendors throughout the life cycle of a project
- Ensuring that project plans address strategic alignment, change management, training, quality assurance and knowledge transfer as appropriate; and
- Building collaborative relationships with ministry partners, service delivery partners, and other relevant stakeholders in order to achieve project objectives.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in project management
- One (1) to two (2) years Public Sector experience would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills, exhibit tact, demonstrate ability to appreciate and manage staff issues with sensitivity
- Experience in ICT project conceptualisation and business analysis would be an asset
- A good understanding of national, international, corporate, industry and professional work practices and standards
- Shows innovation in approaches to problem solving and implementation
- Demonstrates inter-disciplinary thinking, analytical skills and creativity in developing ICT solutions
- Strong interpersonal communication, listening and presentation skills and techniques
- Clear, concise, analytical and articulate written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work effectively in a team-based environment; and
- In-depth knowledge of project management as evident by projects executed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Project Management or any related discipline; and
- Recognized international project management certification (PMI) would be considered an asset.