The National Training Agency in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring an Accountant on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The National Training Agency (NTA) is an Organisation established by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago to co-ordinate, regulate and monitor Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Trinidad and Tobago. We are seeking a proactive, results-oriented, and high-energy individual to join our team.
The Accountant is responsible for supervising the work of the Accounting Units and reports to the Senior Manager of Finance and Corporate Services. This individual must be able to provide accounting guidance to sta , and advice and support to the Senior Manager, Finance and Corporate Services. Such a person must have nancial control skills and knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Also, the Accountant is expected to practice conformance to the company’s policies and principles of good corporate governance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Supervises the Accounting Units (Payables, Receivables, Reporting);
- Ensures that financial controls are adhered to, as set out by the guidelines of the IFRS, governments’ policies, company policies, and the company’s administrative manual;
- Maintains the company’s general ledger, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of records;
- Prepares monthly nancial cost analysis, cost e ectiveness and cost efficiency exercises, including draft financial statements and other financial reports as directed by the department manager;
- Drafts Board Notes and related documents;
- Assists in the preparation of the company’s nancial plans and budgets;
- Reviews and prepares the monthly bank reconciliations, and all other GL account reconciliations;
- Reviews calculations related to payroll and statutory payments;
- Maintains the company’s xed asset register;
- Supervises and monitors accounts receivables collections, and provides guidance where necessary to the manager;
- Guides subordinate sta with respect to accounting matters, and makes recommendations for training and development;
- Prepares and reviews standard operating procedures relevant to the department and Liaises with the company’s external auditors and prepares audit schedules with other departments, and external stakeholders.
- Acts with honesty;
- Demonstrates integrity;
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
- Demonstrates respect by behaving in a courteous and respectful manner when dealing with others, regardless of their status and background;
- Proactively develops open, honest and trusting relationships for mutual benefit;
- Responsive to the needs of users and the agency;
- Dedicated to achieving the goals of the agency;
- Customer focus;
- Able to receive constructive criticism;
- Ability to work in a team and
- Recognizes, respects and values the different contributions of individuals and functions curious, lifelong learner.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of financial accounting, budgeting reporting, and financial controls;
- Knowledge of the Peachtree accounting software;
- Knowledge of MicroPay payroll software;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software with at least intermediate level pro efficiency in MS Excel;
- Ability to prepare complex reports;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Supervisory skills and
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ACCA/CIMA or Equivalent;
- Minimum of six (6) years working experience, three (3) at a supervisory level and Experience with SAGE / Peachtree accounting package and MicroPay payroll system.
Suitably qualfied applicants must address applications to:
The Senior Human Resource O cer
NATIONAL TRAINING AGENCY
#140 - 142 Mulchan Seuchan Road,
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all applications must be emailed to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only suitably quali ed applicants will be contacted.