Trinidad & Tobago Insurance Limited is hiring a Underwriter 1 - Motor on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Motor Insurance underwriter decides if applications for motor insurance cover (risks) should be accepted and if so, what the terms of that acceptance will be. They assess a risk according to the likelihood of a claim being made by weighing up a number of factors and asking for detailed information from Customers, Producers, Brokers, others. The aim is to minimize losses for the company and help to make a profit.
- Provides superior quality service to internal and external customers.
- Underwrites New Business; Renewals and adjustments for Brokers without Binders, Producers and Customers.
- Underwrites Broker Binders and Agents Returns either weekly or monthly
- Processes Renewals for mail out six (6) weeks prior to expiry date
- Monitors Brokers and Producer Portfolios and makes recommendations when necessary
- Prepares experiences reports for potential customers from various sources and prepares ad hoc reports on existing customers.
- Prepares benefit comparisons for existing and potential customers.
- Recommends renewal and new business rates based on consideration of claims experience and other underwriting decision processes.
- Interacts with sales staff and other intergroup employees to obtain information to complete underwriting process.
- Review new business sales and renewals for variance from quoted parameters.
- Underwriting limit as per Limit of Authority.
- Determines loss ratios and appropriate claims expenses for customers.
- Ensures compliance with Central Bank guidelines regarding “Know Your Customer”, sources and declaration of funds.
- Performs any other related tasks/duties as required.
Qualification: A-Levels / Degree in Insurance or related area pertinent to the field of underwriting.
Experience: One (1) year experience in an insurance or financial environment
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have A-Levels / Degree in Insurance or related area pertinent to the field of underwriting?
- Do you have One (1) year experience in an insurance or financial environment?