Conservation International Guyana is hiring a Rupununi Landscape Snr. Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Rupununi Landscape Senior Manager leads CI-Guyana’s portfolio of work supporting sustainable development in the Rupununi Sustainable Landscape. The position will lead the strategic management of the implementation of the Sustainable Landscape Strategy for the Rupununi, including ensuring continued relevance to the situation on the ground and nationally, including alignment with CI’s institutional priorities. S/He develops and maintains strong relationships with Indigenous peoples and local communities, regional government, state agencies, private sector, civil society, and other stakeholders in the region; serving as the main point of contact and representative in the region. The position also directly manages or oversees the management of the implementation of CI-Guyana’s projects within the Rupununi Landscape as needed.
The Rupununi Landscape Senior Manager is a member of CI-Guyana’s Program Management Team and contributes to the overall strategy and management of the program. The position supervises technical staff positions whose primary functions is for implementation of work in the Rupununi providing leadership and mentorship, and oversees the work of consultants, for delivery of results. The position interfaces with and participates on the behalf of CI-Guyana in CI’s teams focused on sustainable landscapes.
- Lead the effective implementation of CI-Guyana Sustainable Landscape Strategy for the Rupununi, including overseeing the overall management and strategic direction of CI-Guyana’s portfolio of work in the landscape.
- Lead strategic planning and adaptation of the Rupununi Sustainable Landscape Strategy to ensure continued relevance to the situation on the ground and nationally, ensuring alignment with CI’s institutional priorities.
- Build, manage and maintain effective relationships with necessary partners and stakeholders (particularly but not limited to communities, local and regional government, state agencies, the private sector, and civil society) for the successful implementation of the Rupununi Sustainable Landscape Strategy, including ensuring effective communication and information sharing amongst partners and stakeholders.
- Serve as the primary representative of and point of contact for CI-Guyana within in the region, representing the program and its work as necessary.
- Supervise CI-Guyana’s technical functions and technical staff focused on the landscape and overseeing the work of consultants as necessary, ensuring effective recruitment, mentoring, coaching, performance management and talent management.
- Manage or oversee the execution of CI-Guyana programs and projects in the Rupununi landscape as necessary; ensuring effective execution planning, adaptative management, reporting, and timely and resource efficient delivery.
- Serve as a key member of CI-Guyana Program Management Team contributing to the overall management and leadership of the program.
- Participate in CI teams around themes relevant to the work in the Rupununi Landscape, including but not limited to issues around Sustainable Lands and Waters.
- Include other duties unique or specific to the position. Responsibilities listed in this section must complement above key responsibilities and not exceed 25% of the overall job duties.
- Support CI’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives
PEOPLE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is part of CI-Guyana’s Program Management Team
- This position has authority to commit and allocate resources within limits agreed with its supervisor
- This position may manage Core or project staff
- Postgraduate or other advanced university degree (at least MSc. or equivalent) in environmental management, natural sciences or related social science.
- At least 5 years of related professional experience in natural resource management, development planning and management, economics or any field related to sustainable landscape management.
- Proven experience in facilitating and engaging in multi-stakeholder platforms and dialogues.
- Evidence of a focus on collaboration and strong network building, including experience convening a broad range of individuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge on issues related to the sustainable landscape approach.
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams at various levels.
- Experience managing effective teams and effectively supervising the efforts of others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- List additional required or preferred qualifications specific to the position.
- The individual in this post needs to have an eye for detail, be innovative and a self starter.
- The individual needs to be able to network well and build effective relationships
- The individual needs to be able to work with minimum supervision.
- The individual needs to possess good diplomatic skills.
- The individual must be able to effectively manage the work of others.
HOW TO APPLY
Conservation International Foundation (Guyana) Inc. invites you to join our innovative and dynamic team by applying for the position of “Rupununi Landscape Snr. Manager”
Application, CV and the name of three (3) references should be submitted to
Conservation International Foundation Guyana Inc.
98 Laluni Street, Queenstown, Georgetown.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.