Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Saint Kitts and Nevis is hiring a Preparatory School Teacher - Math/Science Grades 5-6-7-8 - US Common Core Exp Preferred on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
To make a difference, you have to be different. That’s what we strive to be.
A career with Ross Vet is more than just a job; it is an extraordinary opportunity to join an innovative, collaborative community of passionate professionals making a difference every day by advancing human and animal health through the power of education.
We make a difference by providing our students with an unparalleled learning experience as they prepare for lifelong career success as today’s veterinarians and tomorrow’s leaders. Ross Vet colleagues thrive in a culture that encourages personal growth and professional development, bringing meaning and purpose to everything we do.
Ross Preparatory School serves the students of faculty, staff, and veterinary students. It is a small multi-grade school that delivers curriculum that is aligned with the US Common Core standards.
The mission of Ross Preparatory School is to provide an enriched US curriculum for children of RUSVM colleagues along with members of the St. Kitts and Nevis Community. The curriculum is taught by highly trained and qualified teachers who, in partnership with parents and the community, motivate students to achieve academic success, develop a lifelong love of learning and become a responsible global citizen
Additional informaiton about our Prep school can be found by visiting https://veterinary.rossu.edu/life-in-st-kitts/preparatory-school.
In the role of Preparatory School Teacher, you will be expected to:
- Provide a challenging, student-focused, curriculum based on the US Common Core, which incorporates multi-modal learning within a collaborative school climate that welcomes, and supports teachers, students, and parents.
- Commitment to student success and continuous learning through formative and summative assessment and curricular modification to ensure success of the students that is measureable.
- Contribute to a professional learning community which is dynamic, relevant, creative and positive.
- Sensitivity to children with diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Willingness to share talents with a sense of humor, and a hopeful, caring, and open attitude.
- Support the development of students in all domains, meeting them where they are at.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education or a related field, Masters preferred
- A valid US teacher’s certificate with demonstrated skills
- An energetic personality with ability to engage young children in a creative manner
- The ability to integrate all areas of the curriculum, including Language Arts and STEAM, while teaching the Common Core standards.
- Experience modifying the curriculum to accommodate learners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with children and adults.
- The ability to use technology to enhance the classroom environment, communication with children and adults, direct instruction, and cooperative learning.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) offers an accredited Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, postgraduate certification, integrated DVM/Master of Science (MSc) dual degree programs, and Doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees. Our unique program of broad-based curriculum integrates research opportunities and classroom study in St. Kitts with hands-on clinical training at affiliated AVMA-accredited veterinary schools. Cutting-edge curriculum with innovative technology and simulation provides the best possible training as we aim to lead veterinary training worldwide by creating an exemplary program uniquely designed to graduate today’s practice-ready veterinarians and tomorrow’s leaders and discoverers.
The mission of RUSVM is to provide the best learning environment to prepare students to become members and leaders of the worldwide public and professional healthcare team, advancing human and animal health (One Health) through research and knowledge exchange. Learn more about Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.veterinary.rossu.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them.