Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a Group Technical & Network Accountant 1 on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job
The role is responsible for reporting CapEx and OpEx expenditure for Group Finance and by extension, Group Technical. The successful candidate will also be required to review, challenge and police the correct implementation of CapEx Governance in the region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the CapEx approval process, provide guidance and enforce adherence to policies and targets.
- Facilitate capex request document review, provide analysis and guidance in business case establishment, and spend reviews.
- Ensure the adherence of the CapEx requests to Budget, Forecast, Internal CapEx process, and the Firm’s strategy and directives, flagging any deviations.
- Creating and maintaining records of CapEx projects approved during financial year across all markets / business units.
- Monitor accounting and cash CapEx expenditure against budget for the Group.
- Populating capex presentation template with market requests and circulating correspondence per approval status.
- Provide business and financial analysis for capex and opex optimization, conduct regular reviews of budgets.
- Track OpEx spend for Group Technical against Budget and ascertain variances.
- Support the Intercompany recharge process for all CapEx and OpEx costs processed through Group / DCO. Ensuring accurate market splits being used and full audit supports provided to receiving markets.
- Working with Markets/Shared Services/Project owners to ensure that projects manage centrally are capitalized in a timely manner, in accordance with Group’s CapEx Policy.
- Business Partner with Group Finance and Technical team for adhoc requests that may arise.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- University degree in accounting, finance or business studiesUniversity degree in accounting, finance or business studies
- CPA/ACCA or equivalent professional accounting qualification or currently working towards the same
- 3+ years’ accounting experience including responsibility for fixed assets, ideally with a multinational corporation
Functional skills and abilities:
- Attention to detail and ability to identify, prevent and correct errors/deficiencies in accounting
- Knowledge of IFRS, especially in relation to fixed assets accounting
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Highly intelligent, highly motivated with a can-do attitude
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, enforce deadlines and work under pressure
- Highly Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Workday or equivalent accounting systems
- Advanced use of Oracle HFM or equivalent financial reporting tools
- Advanced use of Workplace
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.