Contax360 BPO Solutions in Jamaica is hiring an IT Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance, development and planning of the company’s information systems infrastructure and its day to day operations as well as coordination of IT activities with other managers within the enterprise.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Supervise technical operations staff.
- Participate in the development of the IT strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
- Ensure troubleshooting procedures are done in a timely manner and design resolution strategy and documentation as needed.
- Maintain network/systems documentation.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on projects and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Monitor infrastructure performance, ensure capacity planning is performed, and proactively assess issues and make recommendations for improvement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or in a related discipline.
- Verifiable and relevant certifications and/or experience may be substituted for a first degree.
- At least two (2) years in a related managerial position.
- Demonstrate understanding of datacenter management methodologies to include capacity planning and infrastructure testing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft infrastructure software such as Exchange 2013+; Linux (OpenSUSE and CentOS) environments.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts.
- Working knowledge of Server and Desktop Virtualization environments in an enterprise.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate tact, confidentiality and professionalism in the execution of duties.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job:
- Required to work various hours/days (including weekends and public holidays) as required to handle job activities and responsibilities.
All applicants must have a valid Government issued photo ID, TRN & NIS. Successful candidates must be able to furnish a police record and pass an employment background check.