Aireko Construction Group in US Virgin Islands is hiring na Electrician on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
SUMMARY: Electrician is responsible to execute the installation, the service and repairs of an electrical system. Has the skills and qualifications to certify an electrical installation.
- Configures, assemble, installs, inspects and maintains electrical and solar systems according to drawings, specifications, schematics and manufacturers manuals. Contribute to the growth and development of the electrician helpers.
- Install brackets, hangers, conduits, wire and electrical equipment altogether with an electrician helper. Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, inverters, combiner boxes and/or electrical components. Replace faulty breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components and wires during the absence of energy. Responsible for preparing electrical trenches, equipment concrete pads and equipment supports.
- Follow safety codes and corporate safety program, manufacturer’s specifications and superior instructions. Follow the National Electric Code and Local State Regulations.
- To perform system commissioning; including visually inspection, mechanical testing and electrical testing. Diagnostic malfunctioning systems and components to locate problems and correct them.
- To prepare sketches to determine equipment locations and wiring to ensure conformance to NEC, State regulations and/or safety codes.
- Capable to identify risks and prepare safety job hazard analysis. Asses the environment, detects and mitigate any hazards associated with the installation.
- To perform the task in a timely manner. Participate in meetings, workshops training and seminars assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Backgrounds in electrical technology or electrical construction through an apprenticeship or formal degree program.
- Knowledgeable on electrical construction and electrical concepts. Understand electrical systems, read blueprints, schematics and understand solar powered systems.
- OSHA requirements and standard; 10-hours certification is a plus.
- NFPA 70E requirements and standards certification is a plus.
- Capable to use hand and power tools (benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaw and wire strippers)
- Must have physical stamina and strength. Able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds .Must be able to work on different height roofs and may need to climb ladders and scaffolds more than one time on the same day.
- Active listener, and the ability to communicate with others. Detail oriented and able to follow instructions.
- Able to travel and able to work overtime if required.
AIREKO is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other applicable legally protected considerations made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.