Virgin Islands Water & Power Authority in US Virgin Islands is hiring a Laborer on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Under general supervision, the Laborer performs a variety of manual laborer tasks following simple routine instruction.
Because the Authority has a responsibility to serve the public 24 hours a day, an employee in this class is expected to work overtime as conditions demand and may be called in on short notice during power outages and other emergencies. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses pickaxe, shovel, and other construction equipment to dig and clean assigned areas.
- Cuts brush around tanks and other areas as assigned; loads truck with garbage to be taken to dump.
- Paints areas as required; sweeps, washes, cleans and paints buildings and equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic
- Ability to understand and follow specific oral and written instructions
- Ability to read and write legibly
- Ability to plan work and carry through to completion without close supervision
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- High degree of initiative and dependability
Education & Experience
High school diploma, or equivalent, and two (2) years of experience in performing a variety of manual tasks.