Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a Marketing Executive - Social Media on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 16 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
The Digicel 2030 global transformation programme sees it promising customers a completely new communications and entertainment experience made possible by a more agile, customer-centric application of resources and investment.
Digicel is one of the first communications and entertainment providers in the world to initiate a wide scale transformation agenda. The core elements of the Digicel 2030 transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organizational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience.
- Research and analyze new social media trends, sites, tools, and news providing updates on significant industry developments with recommendations on how best adapt relevant practices to our business.
- Analyze competitive landscape, providing trend analysis & business recommendations to counter competitor strategy.
- Monitor social media sites (including Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) daily, providing trend analysis & strategy recommendations to aid in content creation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate commercial briefs, and liaise with commercial or product managers, advertising agencies/vendors to execute campaign deliverables
- Develop and execute top quality social, traditional and on the ground ideas/concepts, that are in keeping with brand guidelines and content strategy
- Assist in executing social media content strategy
- Respond the messages that the Social Media pages receive on a daily basis
- Ensure that all content that is posted on the company’s social media pages are within the Marketing guidelines
- Maintain a mutually strong Social Media presence on all the platforms
- Monitor competitors’ social media pages and feed info to Marketing Team
- Work with Marketing Comms team to develop creativity in accordance with social media best practices
- Providing weekly/monthly engagement reports to the team highlighting the success and challenges of our social media efforts.
- First Degree in Marketing or a related field
- Three years marketing experience with two years being in a similar capacity
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Creativity and willingness to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Flexible and able to thrive in a dynamic environment