BNY Mellon in Cayman Islands is hiring a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) & AML Compliance Office (AMLCO) on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
We are looking for an experienced individual to fill the role of Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and AML Compliance Office (AMLCO) for the BNYM legal entities operating in Cayman.
The AMLCO’s role is to oversee the anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (“AML/CTF”) program. Responsibilities as AMLCO include:
- communicate regularly with management so that they can be satisfied that statutory AML/CFT obligations are being met and sufficiently robust measures are being taken to protect against money laundering and terrorist financing, and may act on any recommendations made by the AMLCO;
- develop and maintain systems and controls (including documented policies and procedures) in keeping with the evolving requirements under the AML/CFT Regime;
- ensure regular audits of the AML/CFT program;
- maintain logs, as necessary, including logs with respect to declined business, PEPs, and requests from competent authorities particularly in relation to investigations;
- advise management of AML/CFT compliance issues that need to be brought to its attention;
- report periodically to the management, as appropriate, on the adequacy of systems and controls; and
- act as the key liaison and respond promptly to requests for information by the relevant competent authorities
The MLRO’s role is central to the function of suspicious activity reporting. Responsibilities as MLRO include:
- receive reports of any information or other matter, which comes to the attention of a person handling relevant financial business, which gives rise to actual knowledge or suspicion of money laundering or terrorist financing;
- consider and investigate such reports in light of relevant information in order to determine if the information or other matter does give rise to such knowledge or suspicion;
- have reasonable access to other information which may assist in considering such reports;
- make prompt disclosures to the Cayman Islands Financial Reporting Authority (“FRA”) on the standard prescribed form if after considering a report there is knowledge or a suspicion of money laundering or terrorist financing;
- establish and maintain a register of money laundering reports made by staff; and
- maintain a register of reports to the FRA.
The individual will also provide oversight of the BNYM Bermuda entity and Latin American representative offices and report directly to BNY’s Head of International AML Compliance.
10+ years of experience as an MLRO and AMLCO in the financial services industry for a large financial services institution, preferably as an AMLCO and MLRO for a Cayman financial services entity. Knowledge of Cayman AML/CTF laws and regulations a must. Knowledge of Bermuda, Mexico, Colombia, and Argentina AML/CTF laws a plus. Spanish speaking and writing a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.