Digita Global Marketing in Jamaica is hiring a Chief Operating Officer - Remote on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
We are a young start-up with great potential. We seek to align with like-minded high performers who see excellence as their baseline and are willing to work diligently, creatively and dynamically to help us achieve our goals as we help you achieve yours. If you have a Kaizen mindset, keep reading.
Core Skills Needed
- Critical Thinking - Aptitude for decision-making and problem-solving, while being able to do the necessary research and make suggestions for achieving clients' and company goals.
- Influence - The ability to influence others and drive results through collaboration, being able to work with colleagues and contacts at all levels of an organization to develop compelling campaigns and drive growth.
- Strategic Thinking - The ability to plan dynamic approaches that achieve organisational goals and keeps the department, one step ahead.
- Leadership - Demonstrable experience in coaching, leading, management using KPIs and assessing performance
- Assertiveness - A mindset of complete ownership of assigned tasks and projects towards client goal fulfilment, while keeping with organisational policies and principles.
- Integrity - Willingness to own up for mistakes and find strategies to remedy them. Strong moral principles.
- Detail Oriented - A master at finding the needle in the haystack.
- Team Player - A willingness to jump in and provide support both within and outside your core department.
- Communication - You possess the gift of gab and the gift of the slab (Strong verbal and written skills are required).
- Creativity - Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that memorise, engage, inform and motivate.
- Adaptability - The ability to think like a consumer, a marketing manager and beyond and put yourself in the shoes of your target audience. An attitude that embraces change and a fast-paced environment.
- Marketing & Sales - Mastery of advertising, marketing, sales. Wide and pervasive knowledge of the space.
- Strategic Planning - The ability to set clear objectives, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working toward common goals.
- Operations - Keen eye for driving operational efficiency, and cross-managing departments.
- Strategic Focus - An extraordinary ability to dig deep on a wide range of issues. At the same time, knows the bounds of their responsibilities so as not to lose sight.
- Talent Development - Keeps an eye out for ways to improve the Company by deepening the pipeline of talent, constantly raising the level of talent through strong hires, and providing opportunities to develop existing team member skills.
- Analytical Skills - The ability to compile and analyze data and identify trends allowing for better decision making.
- Project Management - Manages varied components of campaigns and projects within time-bound targets, ensuring delivery.
- Management - Capacity to oversee and hold managers and senior staff accountable, towards the fulfilment of organisational goals.
- Data-Driven - Leads with both head and heart. Leverages data to drive decisions in business.
- Digital Marketing - The ability to run effective, targeted and results-driven campaigns on and over Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube), Google Adwords and Adsense, Email and SMS
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervising all daily operations of the company, including IT, marketing and sales
- Preparing and presenting reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer on all matters related to the business
- Performing employee reviews and developing corrective action plans if needed
- Developing and implementing strategies, procedures and business plans needed to enhance company growth
- Working with the executive team to set company performance goals
- Cultivating and providing opportunities for rising talent within the organization
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Work closely with the CEO, as the driving force behind the Company's digital transformation
- Identify/Recognize/Solicit new business/growth opportunities within existing clients
- Manage the core business of the Company and the commercial relationship with all third-party vendors
- Provide detailed reports to the CEO and the Board regarding performance, achieving targets, key performance indicators and other matters
- Conduct research and budget forecasting to provide recommendations and subsequent campaign management to help achieve client goals
- Serve as strategic counsel to the Marketing and Growth team for all ATL, BTL, TTL marketing projects
- Direct the development of long-term plans and program recommendations for clients
Qualifications & Experience
- Masters Degree in Business Admin, Marketing & Advertising, Technology or a similar field.
- Digital Marketing Certification would be an additional asset.
- Accounting and financial management experience would be an asset.
- No less than 7 years working experience in a managerial role with a deep understanding of Advertising/Marketing.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.