Suntera Global in Cayman Islands is hiring an Assistant Fund Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Suntera Global is a leading international provider of corporate, trust, tax, accounting, and fund administration services. Respected and trusted as a professional partner by a broad range of corporate, private, and institutional clients worldwide, we are continually looking for opportunities to evolve our business while providing clients with the best possible services.
We have created an authentic and supportive culture that generates a wealth of opportunities for every one of our employees. Ongoing personal development through training and professional qualifications is available to all, and we reward hard work and dedication with a range of comprehensive benefits.
About the Role
Suntera Global offers a wide array of services within which our fund administration offering has been identified as a key potential growth engine over the coming years. With this growth in our sights and continued client work, we are looking for a qualified accountant for maternity cover to join our Isle of Man team.
As a Fund Accountant, you will review valuations and accounting records for a broad range of offshore funds and associated special purpose vehicles and fund management companies. You will also have the opportunity to:
- Improve and maintain our internal control environment to ensure efficiencies and compliance with accounting standards, collective investment scheme regulations and fund constitutional documents;
- Problem solve and develop solutions for complex accounting or technical situations;
- Invoice and approve fund fees and expenses; and
- Build strong client relationships by providing expert, value-added and efficient services.
You will be a qualified accountant, ideally with experience in the audit of collective investment schemes and accounting and valuation of investments. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- Knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environment required for managing and administering collective investment schemes;
- Knowledge of investments, including accounting for financial derivatives and other structured products, and an understanding of fund accounting systems and the interfaces for the automated upload of investment prices, trades, and other information from investment managers and brokers;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Ability to self-manage and appropriately prioritise tasks