BearingPoint Caribbean in Curacao is hiring a UX Designer on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Technology transforms the way public services operate. At BearingPoint, we devote our time to use technology to make digital solutions better, faster, and easier. We lead the way in digital transformation and help empower governments to improve their efficiency. But we also want to enable citizens by developing online portals in which they can access digital government services when they need them. That is why we highly value user-centric design and development that help improve service delivery to citizens. Our focus lies on three fundamental areas of government: tax, social security, and permits & licensing.
Join our team
We are offering the challenging position of UX Designer
As a UX Designer at BearingPoint Caribbean, you play an important role in understanding the client user and end users’ needs. With this in mind, you guide the design process. You value teamwork in which you can bounce ideas off of your colleagues, brainstorm, and co-create. You are curious, critical, questioning, open to taking initiative, and know how to support your case. You are diligent in documenting and delivering your work.
Your key responsibilities
- You are responsible for the UX design of our applications based on user wants and needs.
- You support agile product development by researching, sketching, prototyping, and testing user experiences for our solutions and applications.
- You work with business analysts, architects, developers, and UI design to ensure user-centric applications that adhere to UX principles and best practices, taking into account project constraints.
Skills and requirements
- You have a degree in a design field (UX, Human-Computer Interaction, or related study).
- You have 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- You have an understanding of design principles, the User-centered design process, and UX and UI standards.
- You have the ability to turn ideas into concrete designs through wireframes, usability tests, prototypes, user research.
- You are proficient with standard diagramming and wireframing tools such as Axure, Sketch, and Marble.
- You have experience in developing large-scale solutions and working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have previous experience or demonstrable affinity with user interface design.
- You are willing and able to support UI design where needed, if necessary by delivering UI artifacts.
- Good communication and presentation skills in Dutch is a requirement.
You are proactive and can work under time pressure. You are a strong analytical thinker and work in a structured manner. With your social and communication skills you are capable to articulate alternative approaches. You are sensitive to and understand the users’ needs and respond to them in a well-thought-out way. You are tenacious and enjoy being the conversation partner for your clients and colleagues for all things UX.
Our strength lies in understanding the core business of governments while enabling information technology to achieve fundamental advancements. So not only do our government clients in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and developing countries experience drastic improvements of their processes; we make the difference because our technology creates solutions for real-world problems. BearingPoint Caribbean is a fast-growing company. Our software solutions are used by tax administrations and social security organizations all over the world, from the Caribbean to the Pacific. With the knowledge and expertise of more than 100 employees, we support these governments towards digital transformation. This leads to cost savings that can be used for important priorities such as education and healthcare. With this, we create real added value for individuals and communities.