Shell in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Campaign Maintenance Technician – MECH on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
What is the role?
The Campaign Maintenance Technician is an individual contributor responsible for executing maintenance activities as per maintenance plan and schedule (campaign maintenance schedule) for the discipline-specific and/or cross-discipline activities. The Campaign Maintenance Technician performs all work in accordance to safety/health/environmental requirements as per work pack, reliability, and cost in support of a particular asset or combination of assets.
Maintenance Strategy where High intensity work scope and routine are optimized into short duration packaged activities executed through multi-skilled team. To increase the performance in execution excellence and efficiency improvements.
Management the following Asset Management System Maintenance Execution (AMS-ME) process and Performance KPI Metrics:
- Ensuring SCE PM as planned for and completed before going overdue (100% Compliant)
- Ensuring SCE CM as planned for and completed before going overdue (100 % Compliant)
- Ensuring No Overdue SCE with Deviation (zero WO overdue without deferrals)
- Schedule attainment >=80%
- Managing CM BACKLOG in weeks (8 to 10 weeks )
- Liquidate All WO associated with Standing Alarms; Loops in manual; Overrides.
- Coordinate with the team to address in a timely manner Critical alarm High alarm rate
- Completes routine maintenance, inspections, fault diagnosis and corrective maintenance of mechanical equipment including rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors, generators, hydraulic systems and static equipment such as vessels, exchanges, piping and valves etc.
- Ensures that Maintenance Team Lead is advised when any Safety Critical Equipment has failed to meet its performance standard.
- Initiates changes to Preventive Maintenance routines, procedures, hardware and software as required to ensure a more effective and efficient Maintenance strategy.
- Seeks out gaps in maintenance and reliability activities and processes with the responsibility for influencing, and delivering maintenance and reliability improvement.
- Ensures Safety, Production and Environmental Critical and Non-Critical Routines (corrective maintenance and preventative maintenance) are completed on time and compliance targets are met.
- Responsible to the Maintenance Team Lead for all reportable occurrences and maintenance difficulties, which could affect the safe and reliable production from the facility
- Ensures Work Management System contains comprehensive and accurate maintenance and historical data by continual review and audit of completed work orders.
- Ensures compliance with maintenance plans and assists with materials management at site
- Optimizes maintenance man-hours and minimizes equipment breakdown by critically assessing maintenance practices in collaboration with the Maintenance Team Lead, OIM and maintenance function.
- Promotes performance mind set within teams to focus behaviors on safe working
- Manages and supervises the performance of mechanical maintenance contractors
- Identifies risks to equipment impairment and the required arrangements to mitigate these risks.
- Critically reviews maintenance performance (planned vs. actual) – to ensure continual improvement.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in Trinidad & Tobago (or any of the CARICOM member country) on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- At least 5 years of experience in C&I equipment, preferably in Oil & Gas (Upstream) or Petrochemical (Downstream) business.
- A Technician certificate in Mechanical/Electrical/PACO discipline and/or equivalent with a few years oil and gas, maintenance experience is required.
- Must have proficiency in standard software packages including MS Word, Excel, CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), and related reporting tools.
- Must be willing to build expertise in CMMS.
- Ability to develop and foster positive working relationships with Maintenance Team members, asset leadership, and all asset-based personnel is a necessity.
- Effectively interface with other Work Processes (ESP/MoC/MEC/MTO).
- Adept at working in a production and maintenance team structure.
- Experience in offshore operations is preferred.
- Good understanding of relevant industry legislation especially in maintenance related areas.
- Conversant with maintenance procedures and management documentation, including block diagrams, instrumentation loop drawings, electrical schematics, PFD’s, P&ID’s, Data Sheets, Cause and Effect charts and Computer Maintenance
- Competent in the application of process isolation and adherence to Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant (SIRP).
- Track record of demonstrating success at delivering against maintenance plans.
- Preferably a good understanding of cost control and cost management.
- Willingness to implement new ways of working that improve equipment availability, reliability and maintainability.
- Having electrical knowledge to cross craft will be additional advantage
- Must be locally mobile to commute to various onshore or offshore sites as required by job responsibility.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.