Ocean Hotels Group BARBADOS in Barbados is hiring a Maintenance Technician on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Maintaining property and public areas to the best possible condition. Providing maintenance services as needed and/or as assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades; and ensuring that tools, materials and work sites are maintained in good working order. Conducting general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures.
Under the direction of the Rooms Care Manager, the Maintenance Technician’s responsibility is to perform a wide variety of maintenance duties in order to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment for all guests and employees.
- Services, repairs and maintains equipment as requested.
- Makes electrical installations in the interior and exterior of the building and performs repairs for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, appliances, lighting systems and reports unsafe electrical conditions.
- Makes repairs to the physical plant and equipment of the establishment while maintaining clean, safe and orderly work sites.
- Installs, repairs and services air-conditioning units throughout the properties.
- Cleans, lubricates and repairs the machinery of the hotel.
- Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces seals and other minor parts; repairs, replaces and maintains hot water heaters and other appliances.
- Treat and maintain pools as per the standard operating procedures.
- Performs rough and finished carpentry for the construction and repair of structures, doors, shelves, and other furnishings.
- Completes basic masonry work.
- Prepares various surfaces and surrounding areas for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish or stain to structures or furniture.
- Does other jobs of conservation and repair to keep the physical structure and the equipment in good condition.
- Attends departmental meetings, workshops, training for the purpose of conveying and gathering information to perform required functions.
- Prepares daily checklists for the purpose of documenting completed work tasks and conveying pertinent information.
- Performs any other job-related duties. (ancillary as required)
- Must operate in full compliance with the AAA standards.
- Perform any other ancillary duty as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The Maintenance Technician must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand, speak, read and write English at CXC level or equivalent.
- Specific skill-based competencies.
- Operating equipment used in skilled trades. (power and hand tools)
- Knowledge and adherence to safety practices.
- Knowledge in the use of handling hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
The Maintenance Technician must demonstrate the following skills:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Practical minded and attention to detail skills
- Strong mechanical and engineering skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Time management skills.
- Read and write English fluently.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be neat, professional and well groomed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (lifting above the shoulder is also required)
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Ability to relate well to hotel guests and employees.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Positive attitude and an outgoing personality are essential.
- Must be able to work shifts. (days, evening, weekends, holidays)
The Maintenance Technician must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Effective follow up