Ocean Hotels Group BARBADOS in Barbados is hiring an Air Conditioning Technician on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Maintaining Air Conditioning Units and Chill Water system. Maintaining property and public areas to the best possible condition. Providing maintenance services as needed and/or as assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades; and ensuring that tools, materials and work sites are maintained in good working order.
Under the direction of the Rooms Care Manager, the Air Conditioning Technician's responsibility is to perform a wide variety of maintenance duties in order to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment for all guests and employees.
- Execute refrigeration of chill water systems
- Operate chill water systems keypad
- Maintain chill water evaporator fan coil with circuit setter, way valves and actuators
- Install cast iron or galvanized pipes
- Install ductwork
- Install insulation on pipes
- Assess air conditioning units
- Start and maintain chiller water pumps
- Install, repair, service and maintain air-conditioning units throughout the properties.
- Identify and perform basic repairs and conduct preventative maintenance checks
- Regularly check and maintain units in guest rooms, offices, kitchens, restaurants, laundry and other required locations
- Inspect and maintain air condition units, refrigerators, ice machines, water coolers and similar equipment
- Make installations in the interior and to the exterior of the building and perform repairs for coolers, heaters, switches, outlets, cables, leaks, gauges, pumps, lines, appliances and systems
- Conduct repairs to the physical equipment of the establishment while maintaining clean, safe and orderly work sites.
- Clean, lubricate and repair the machinery of the hotel.
- Perform basic plumbing, masonry and carpentry work for the construction and repair of related duties
- Does other jobs of conservation and repair to keep the physical structure and the equipment in good condition.
- Tidy and clean all areas upon completion of work completed
- Attend departmental meetings, workshops, training for the purpose of conveying and gathering information to perform required functions.
- Prepare and complete daily checklists for the purpose of documenting completed work tasks and conveying pertinent information.
- Trouble shoot, communicate equipment challenges and report unsafe electrical conditions.
- Work with the team to monitor inventory and control stock levels.
- Positively contribute to energy saving processes and quality ventilation.
- Comply with all standard operating procedure and health and safety regulations
- Must operate in full compliance with the AAA standards.
- Provide timely, professional and quality service to internal and external customers
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The Air Conditioning Technician must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Possess vocational school diploma or technical training in HVAC and Chill water systems
- Working experience maintaining and repairing heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and other related systems such as electrical systems, DX units, heat pumps, and chillers
- Possess certification in refrigerant transition and recovery
- Possess county air conditioning mechanic license or its equivalent
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform physical activities such as climbing, bending, balancing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crawling, reaching, crouching, push/pull objects, etc.
- Ability to work with manual or power tools and operate motorized vehicles
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand for extended period of time
- Ability to work outdoors in difficult conditions, including adverse weather conditions
- Strong knowledge of the methods, practices, test instruments, tools, and materials typically applied in repairing and servicing various refrigeration and air conditioning systems, and other similar equipment
- Strong knowledge of the hazards involved in the occupation, and the safety precautions to take
- Strong knowledge of the repair characteristics and mechanical operation of various types of air conditioning and refrigerating equipment
- Strong knowledge and use of computer software and equipment
- Ability to effectively file work orders and write reports
- Strong ability and skill to quickly and correctly diagnose, locate, and fix defects in refrigeration and air conditioning systems/units and similar equipment
- Strong ability to understand complex written and verbal instructions, as well as simple sketches and diagrams, and carry them out accurately
- Strong knowledge of the practices and principles for effective preventive maintenance of HVAC systems
- Strong ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, colleagues, and supervisors
- Understand, speak, read and write English at CXC level or equivalent.
- Knowledge and adherence to safety practices.
- Knowledge in the use of handling hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices.
- Strong knowledge of air conditioning types and characteristics.
- Knowledge of computer software and equipment
The Air Conditioning Technician must demonstrate the following skills:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Practical minded and attention to detail skills
- Strong mechanical and engineering skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Time management skills.
- Read and write English fluently.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be neat, professional and well groomed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (lifting above the shoulder is also required)
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Ability to relate well to hotel guests and employees.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Positive attitude and an outgoing personality are essential.
- Must be able to work shifts (days, evening, weekends, holidays)
- Ability to operate manual and power tools
- Able to work outdoors and in varying weather
- Ability to perform manual duties for extended periods (climbing, lifting, bending, kneeling, crawling, pushing or pulling)
The Air Conditioning Technician must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Effective follow up
- Thorough Communicator