Amentum in Bahamas is hiring a Machinery Maintenance Mechanic on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Must currently work on the existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Machinery Maintenance Mechanic in Andros Island, Bahamas to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Conduct routine minor repair, alteration and maintenance of all vessels, various small boats, and ancillary equipment.
- Monitor equipment operations, conduct inspections of engineering spaces during vessel operations, operates and maintain propulsion engines and other engines, boilers, deck machinery, and electrical, refrigeration, and sanitary equipment aboard ship.
- Repair simpler equipment within skill-set.
- Replace defective parts and checks for correct operation; stand engine-room watch during specified periods, observing that required water levels are maintained in boilers, condensers, and evaporators, load on generators is within acceptable limits, and oil and grease cups are kept full.
- Repair machinery, using hand tools and power tools.
- Maintain engineering log and bell book.
- Examine machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble dismantling or partly dismantling machines and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
- Replace broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock and ordering the production of a replacement part by a machine shop or sending the machine to a machine shop for major repairs.
- Prepare written specifications for major repairs or for the production of parts ordered from machine shops reassembling machines and making all necessary adjustments for operation.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Eight years of experience as a QMED or Jr. Engineer onboard vessels of 3000 HP or more and experience maintaining specialty systems such as bow-thrusters and dynamic positioning systems.
- Hold U.S. Coast Guard QMED (Qualified Member of the Engineering Dept) certification, STCW certification.
- Valid passport and Driver’s licensed required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.