Rosewood Baha Mar in Bahamas is hiring a GUEST ROOM ATTENDANT - HOUSEKEEPING (ROSEWOOD AT BAHA MAR) (JOB ID: 406) on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Rosewood Baha Mar’s Housekeeping Associate - Guest Room will work together with the Housekeeping Supervisor to provide clean, friendly, courteous service for hotel guests; ensuring guests’ expectations for guest rooms are exceeded.
- Ensure that all company brand standards have been adhered to.
- Work closely with other associates in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Contribute to the collective commitment of a unique guest experience - to create a sense of place.
- Support new members of the housekeeping team.
- Handle guests concerns and comments and find a proper resolution to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report for work ensuring appearance and presentation meets the required standard.
- Collect keys and iPods from the Housekeeping office at your appointed start time.
- Collect equipment, ensure you have the correct tools for the job – if not you must let your Floor Supervisor know – and commence cleaning departure rooms. While removing trolleys from the cupboards, noise should be kept to a minimum, as most of our guests will still be asleep.
- While on the floors all noise should be kept to a minimum such as closing doors and conversations.
- Return any turned down rooms to daytime set-up.
- Rooms with a “Do not disturb” card should not be knocked or entered.
- Report to your Floor Supervisor any sleep-outs, extra departures, rooms on DND or rooms not requiring service.
- All rooms must be cleaned following Rosewood standards.
- Trolleys should be kept neat and tidy throughout the day.
- Ensure public areas and corridors are in immaculate condition.
- Make up any extra beds and baby cots as required.
- Any guest laundry found in occupied rooms should be brought to the attention of the Housekeeping office immediately.
- All private dining trays should be reported to IRD and guestrooms and corridors and placed in designated collection area.
- ·Clean and empty vacuum cleaner and assist in the tidying of the store cupboard at the end of the day.
- Before going off shift, trolley should be emptied, cleaned and put away. Remain on the floor and contact supervisor to advise upon completion of shift. All rooms to be completed prior to completion of shift
- Ensure lost and found items are turned directly into Housekeeping and the lost property procedure followed.
- ·Gifts from guests must be accompanied by a signed authorization from the guest and securities pass out before it can be removed from the hotel.
- Return all keys and iPod and ensure you do not loan them to anybody else. Report any loss of keys or iPod immediately to the Housekeeping office.
- Report immediately any matters concerning the security of guests to the Security Department.
- Ensure all equipment is well maintained and in proper working order. Report any malfunctioning or defects to equipment to the Floor Supervisor.
- Report all malfunctions in assigned areas to Engineering Department. Follow up on the actions taken.
- To be responsible for keeping guest doors closed whilst servicing the guestroom and using ‘Service’ card.
- Do not allow anyone to enter a guestroom. Advise the guest to use their keycard and request assistance from security if card is faulty.
- Ensure safety of guest property and report anything suspicious to your Floor Supervisor.
- Report suspicious looking persons or anything suspicious to your Floor Supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.