PAE in Bahamas is hiring an Engineering Technician II on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for supporting dockside and at-sea Acoustic and Environmental Sensor testing in support of AUTEC, US and NATO surface ships, submarines, and helicopters for the AUTEC Project.
- Install, operate, and maintain acoustic and environmental systems in a real time environment.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on electronic and mechanical equipment including soldering and following schematics.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot computer networks and associated assemblies.
- Support engineering changes, prepare documentation, perform equipment modifications and install and test new equipment.
- Work up to 16 hour shifts in an at-sea environment for multiple days during high-demand periods
- Department Safety, Fire, Hazmat and Conservation representative.
- Department Calibration Lab delegate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or technical training in a related field. Formal education requirement can be fulfilled with additional work experience.
- 3 years of working experience in one or more of the following fields: Engineering, Electronics, Information Technology, computer networking and troubleshooting, mechanical, electrical, and oceanographic measurement.
- Working knowledge of at sea array deployment and rigging, diesel generator maintenance and operation are a plus.
- Must be able to function independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, climb, stand, balance and reach above head.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Office and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
Note: This job description is subject to management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.