PAE in Bahamas is hiring a Casual, Senior Captain Marine Operations on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) mission is to provide instrumented operational areas in a real world environment to satisfy research, development, test and evaluation requirements and operational performance assessment of war fighter readiness in support of the full spectrum of maritime warfare. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport's, largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments on the AUTEC Project.
Responsible for safe operation of vessels up to 1600 tons for the AUTEC Project.
- Navigates on open water with full crew. USCG license with near coastal endorsement required.
- Supervises crew and plans in-port work assignments.
- Administers ships administrative functions including ordering supplies, obtaining proper paperwork for customs clearance for international voyages.
- Responsible for conducting drills, man overboard, fire and flooding, anchor drills as required.
- Coordinates ship services such as stevedoring, heavy lift services.
- Insures required test equipment is aboard and serviceable to support range test operations.
- Insures navigational equipment up to date and serviceable, including chart corrections.
- Obtains certification on assigned ship.
- Cross trains and certifies to operate all other AUTEC craft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maritime academy preferred. High School diploma or military classes with requisite experience accepted.
- Must hold a current U.S. Coast Guard masters license to operate diesel powered ships of 1600 gross tons or more, not more than 200 miles offshore in the Atlantic Ocean. Operates aboard twin screw vessels operating under conditions wherein precise navigation, station keeping, and close quarters maneuvering were required.
- Must be able to meet physical examination requirements of BUMED Inst. 6270.7 series and OCD (RS) 22 05 1 for occupational exposure to OTTO Fuel II.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.