PAE in Bahamas is hiring an Operations Control Specialist on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
This position will work within the Command Control Building, (CCB), on Andros Island, Bahamas and provide support to the Duty NUWC Test Program Manager and PAE Program Engineer on the AUTEC project.
- When the AUTEC Coordination Center (ACC) is manned oversea and operate all required AUTEC radio frequencies and circuits.
- Processes range user requests. Locates the appropriate organization and personnel to provide operational and/or administration information.
- Coordinates efforts of the various military units to resolve Real-Time customer requests.
- Conducts follow-up with range users to make sure that the request has been achieved to their satisfaction.
- Coordinates transportation of Navy personnel for C-130 off loads and on-loads.
- Coordinates with the Harbor Master and RUCORD all at sea Rendezvous’.
- Coordinates pick-up and delivery of DATA for transfer on AUTEC RDVU Vessels.
- Assists emergency personnel and AUTEC assets/equipment in the event of Air/Sea accident or natural disaster.
- Maintains daily logbook of all significant events.
- Verifies Target/weapon launch & recovery in the Range Utilization Journal Entry (RUJE) log.
- Performs additional related duties as directed by the Test Operations manager.
- Flexible work schedule, could require both day and night shifts on a rotating basis of 7 on and 7 off / 12-hour shifts.
- May be required to work extended hours for test support or as back-up to Co-worker on vacation or emergency leave.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- College or vocational/technical certification involving customer service and or business courses preferred.
- Prior Armed Forces Service Schools a plus.
- 3 years related experience working in test and range operations environment preferred.
- Former military with a working knowledge of military protocol preferred.
- Familiarity with radio operations and work control procedures is highly desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to provide clear and concise information and directions to support personnel as well as range user ships and aircraft.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to monitor computer screens/monitors for long periods of time
- Be able to walk up and down short stairwell
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.