American Bridge Company in Bahamas is hiring a Temporary Work Camp/Hotel Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
We are seeking a professional and business-focused work camp manager to oversee the assembly, coordination, and day to day management of a temporary work camp facility for approximately 350 people. In this position, you will direct the day-to-day operations that include housekeeping, laundry service, kitchen staff and maintenance. Your duties will include hiring and managing personnel, monitoring budgets, overseeing ordering and shipping of goods and customer complaints.
To excel in this role, you must be approachable and detailed-oriented with proven hospitality or management work experience. Our ideal candidate will also demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee personnel including, housekeeping, laundry service, kitchen staff and maintenance.
- Order food and supplies as required to provide services.
- Monitor employee performance and conduct regular evaluations to help improve customer service.
- Maintain records of budgets, funds, and expenses.
- Resolve issues regarding services, amenities, and policies.
- Organize activities and assign responsibilities to employees to ensure productivity.
- Coordinate with external parties including suppliers, overseas shipping and ground transportation.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
- Be able to manage budgets, suppliers, and service agreements, and assigning funds to departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in hotel management or similar role.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Exceptional leadership abilities with great attention to detail.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to legally work in the Bahamas.
- Must be willing to work in a drug-free environment and agree to a post offer drug test.
- Must be willing to work safely and keep OSHA recordable incidents to a minimum.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration or relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years experience in hotel management or similar role
Has management responsibilities of the entire staff including housekeeping, laundry, kitchen staff and maintenance with a budget of $14 million.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, technical business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to high level questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gains clarity from others; responds well to questions.
Must have strong business and financial acumen. Should have a strong understanding of financial calculations, percent complete accounting, cash flow and financial formulas.
Must have the ability to make sound decision and demonstrate strong intellectual capabilities. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database systems, internet software; advanced knowledge of Excel including use of formulas, Word, and PowerPoint Software, and other computer-related concepts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is mostly in an office environment. The office work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking for up to 20% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
American Bridge Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection is based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. American Bridge does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristics.