International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies - IFRC in Haiti is hiring a Finance and Administration Officer on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization with 190-member National Societies. It is guided by its Strategy 2020 which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade
The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is organised in business groups: five Zonal offices, one of which is the Americas. Americas Regional supports Americas National Societies to increase humanitarian and development standards, helping them to remain relevant within their country and sustainable and accountable for their actions, guided by the implementation of strategy 2020.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (Federation) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network with 192-member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) implements its work based on Strategy 2030, employing The Plan and Budget 2021-2025 (P&B) as a manner to support National Society members and other actors to strengthen community resilience in face of disasters and crises. The P&B contains five priorities (Climate and environmental crises; Evolving crises and disasters; Growing gaps in health and wellbeing; Migration and identity; Values, power, and inclusion) and three enabling actions (Engaged - with renewed influence, innovative and digitally transformed with greater emphasis on National Society Development- NSD; Accountable - with an agile management and a renewed financing model with greater emphasis on NSD; Trusted by communities, owned and valued by the membership with greater emphasis on NSD). This results-based framework enables integrated planning, monitoring and reporting.
The Secretariat, headquartered in Geneva, has five decentralized regional offices, of which the Americas is one. The Americas’ region is organized in two main axes: a group of service-based departments and geographical configurations of Country Cluster Delegations (CCD) and Country Delegations (CD), each of them led by the Regional Director; and the other axis with six building blocks composed of (i) Partnerships and Resource Development, (ii) Policy, Strategy and Knowledge; (iii) Communication, (iv) Disaster and Crisis: Preparedness, Response, and Recovery, (v) Health and Water and Sanitation, (vi) Logistics, each of them led by the Deputy Regional Director.
A 7.2-magnitude earthquake shook Haiti on 14 August 2021. The Haiti Red Cross Society (HRCS) is leading a multi-sector and multi-location response effort with national headquarters staff in Port-au-Prince and volunteers throughout its branch network. On 15 August 2021, the IFRC launched an Emergency Appeal to support the HRCS in its response actions in the departments of Sud, Grand'Anse, and Nippes. The Emergency Appeal operation focuses on Shelter; Livelihoods, and Basic Needs; Health; Water Sanitation and Hygiene; Protection, Gender, and Inclusion; Migration; and Disaster Risk Reduction with enabling actions in Strengthening National Societies; Influencing others as strategic partners and Strengthening Coordination and Accountability.
The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for the provision of quality financial services, and quality control assurance in Haiti.
The position is based in Les Cayes, and reports to Finance and Admin Delegate and holds a technical line to the Head of Country Delegation.
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for providing support to the Emergency Earthquake Operation, ensuring that administrative matters are dealt in an efficient and organized manner and providing project managers and officers with efficient and effective services in accounting, finance, and treasury within a specified range of activities.
Financial Policies and Procedures
• Have a deep understanding of the financial federation procedures.
• Ensure all accounting documents are properly authorized and documented by original and valid supporting documentation.
• Ensure accounting documents contain adequate coding, clear descriptions, document codes are the correct ones, document dates are correct, no duplications etc.
• Provide feedback to his/her line manager of improvements in policies, processes, or procedures
• Provide support and follow up on the reconciliation of account statements of staff
• Ensure that expenditures (made by NS or Secretariat) are in accordance with approved budgets and have been made following the relevant (NS or Secretariat) legal, financial, procurement and human resources procedures
• Ensure that other balance sheet items are reconciled (e.g., prepayments, guarantee deposits, supplier balances, etc.)
• Coordinate that correction are done on a timely basis.
• Management of petty cash and all related reports
• Support project staff in the appropriate interpretation of the financial procedures so the transactions to be performed follow them.
• Provide support to the Finance and Administration Senior Officer to ensure that all services are based on Federation standardised Administration guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Oversee the provision of administrative support services (travel, accommodation, archiving and filing
• Support the preparation and actual holding of meetings or workshops
• Organize briefing sessions on the IFRC administrative policies or procedures
• Manage the e-contracts systems, ensure that all supporting documentation is complete and uploaded, provide adequate follow up to ensure that all contracts, agreements’, etc. approval process is followed, signed and shared with the relevant parties in accordance with Federation policies.
• Manage and update the calendar of the Cluster and follow up on meeting requests and cancellations in a prompt and proactive manner.
• Follow up with legal and finance on service contracts between the IFRC and external service providers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, as well as prompt payment.
• Attend the procurement needs for the office.
• Manage any administration storage and ensure that its contents are properly organized and labelled and reported as needed.
• Coordinate with the staff that the inventory of office is secured and up to date.
• Coordinate the proper functioning of the house of delegates including timely payment of utilities, repairs, or maintenance.
- A university degree in an accounting or finance related area
- A university degree in an accounting or finance related area
- A university degree in an accounting or finance related area. Required.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a finance or accounting department.
- At least 2 years of field experience in a humanitarian organisation.
- Experience of managing and supporting staff.
- Experience of working with the Red Cross / Red Crescent. Preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Self-supported in computing systems (e.g. accounting software package and MS Office).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Time Management Skills.
- Skills in training and developing staff.
- Fluently spoken and written English. Required.
- Fluently spoken and written French. Required.
CV and Cover Letter
Subject: Finance officer LES CAYES application