Four Seasons Hotels and resorts in Saint Kitts and Nevis is hiring Host/Hostess on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Join Our Team
An exciting opportunity awaits you at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis! As the first and longest standing Caribbean resort in the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts portfolio, we are looking for dynamic team members to join us at this iconic property. Four Seasons Resort Nevis is seeking an On-Call Host/Hostess with a passion for excellence and great enthusiasm in providing exceptional service standards. Come be a part of our tradition of more than 30 years of authentic Caribbean hospitality.
Four Seasons Resort Nevis is located on the western coast of the Caribbean island of Nevis, sister island to St. Kitts, and the birthplace of U.S. Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. A place where love and harmony is ever-present, Nevis is a spirited and soulful haven, where both serenity and adventure can be pursued endlessly. Our island home is beaming with natural beauty, from the green summit of Nevis Peak down to the sugar-soft sand of Pinney’s Beach. And our recently renovated resort offers 189 spacious rooms and suites, more than 83 luxurious villas, world class dining with seven distinct restaurants and bars, a championship golf course, an award-winning tennis program, a serene Garden of Eden-like spa and much, much more.
The Four Seasons Resort Nevis is looking for suitable qualified applicants to fill the position of On-Call Host/Hostess. The successful candidate will report to the Restaurant Manager.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work every year since 1998.
Are you excited about delivering the best Food & Beverage experience to our guests? This position may be the perfect fit for you! The Host/Hostess is the first and last impression of the Restaurant. You will be responsible for greeting customers, walking customers to their table, answering the phone, and creating reservations. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills and the ability to work quickly while multi-tasking. As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Host/Hostess to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Set up the host/hostess stand, review the reservation book and make recommendations as to the setup of the room.
- Open the restaurant for business at the prescribed time each shift.
- Inspect the cleanliness of each section of the restaurant and make necessary improvements as well as check each table prior to opening to ensure its proper set.
- Pick up the daily menus and insert them properly in their covers.
- Inspect every menu and list to ensure their condition and appearance.
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the menus, menu ingredients and what is unavailable for the day.
- Assign seating taking into account service standards.
- Know the server stations, their daily assignments, their personal timing maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant.
- Ensure you conform to the standards of service and personally ensure each guest receives the highest quality of service.
- Greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture.
- Handle guests without reservations or those waiting for others to join them.
- Handle lost and found items.
- Seat reservations promptly at a table pre-set for the number in the party.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- 6 months to 1-year previous food and beverage experience.
Consistently demonstrates the following employee behaviours to:
- “Start with The Heart” by being caring and compassionate, aware and present and recognizing confidently
- “Master Your Craft” by constantly learning, delivering with passion and being a brave problem solver
- “Be You” by being genuinely yourself, honest and reliable and a committed team player
All applicants must hold valid Work Authorization for St. Kitts & Nevis
We look forward to receiving your application!