Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a Data Governance Lead on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job:
Responsible for the framework for data governance, manages standards including ensuring compliance and managing change.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in defining the future reporting strategy for the finance function.
- Drives execution at pace, establishes information transparency and escalates issues and risks
- Evaluate, design, implement, test and deliver appropriate reporting solutions within business intelligence system and business context
- Work with key stakeholders on change needs resolving cross process and end-to-end business process issues
- Enhance the efficiencies of finance activities, methodologies and environments, working in partnership with IT and external resource as appropriate
- Supporting and educating data owners to drive improvement in the integrity of master data and managing how data flows effectively between system
- Accountable for data structures including FDM and wider finance data model across finance systems
- Maintenance of existing reporting solutions
- Assistance on financial systems implementation projects
- Translating requirements and documentation for all audiences, technical, financial and end-user
- Providing documentation, support and ad-hoc training to systems users
Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Accounting, or any other related field
- Five- Seven (5-7) years relevant working experience
- Deep knowledge of systems and systems maintenance and associated data structures
- Experience in driving large and complex transformation projects or change initiatives
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Operational accounting and financial management experience
- Experience with establishing governance and control processes
- Key understanding of Digicel and existing reporting requirements
- Experience of HFM is preferable
- Experience of Workday is nice to have but not essential
Functional skills and abilities:
The successful candidate will ideally come from a Finance Systems, Data / Reporting background and have good experience dealing with financial reports and reporting systems, data models and governance structures. With strong stakeholder management skills, you will be confident, adaptable to change and have inquisitive mind whilst happy working in a team environment.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.