Court Administration in Jamaica is hiring a Senior Secretary (OPS/SS 3) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Under the direction of the Deputy Registrar, the incumbent provides Secretarial and Administrative services to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Matrimonial Division
- Prepares and edits correspondences, communications, presentations and other documents;
- Types memoranda, letters and reports;
- Types list which reflects the schedule of all matters allocated for hearing by the Judges assigned to the Division;
- Logs all filed documents in respective books;
- Maintains and updates appropriate Records Management Databases
- Files and retrieves documents and reference materials;
- Manages and maintains Supervisor' schedules, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Monitors, screens, responds to and distributes incoming communications;
- Answers and manages incoming calls;
- Maintains an effect and efficient Filing System;
- Prepares weekly Court List;
- Attends monthly statistics meeting;
- Records and reproduces accurate Minutes;
- Generates requisitions for stationary and supplies;
- Sends and receives facsimile transmission on supervisor’s instructions;
- Maintains a message log for the Supervisor and other members of the Division;
- Prepares reports on behalf of the Deputy Registrar.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to multitask
- Highly confidential
- Shorthand/speed writing skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level English Language; successful completion of the prescribed
- Secretarial Course of study at the Management Institute for National Development
- (MIND), proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, plus four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Secretarial Studies with proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and shorthand at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, training in the use of a variety of software applications e.g., word processing, database and spread sheets; English Language at CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level; completion of the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development, plus four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience.
- Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary course; proficiency in typewriting at a speed of 50-55 words per minute; English Language at CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level; training in the use of a variety of computer software applications and four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience plus the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND).
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted to:
Human Resource Management and Administration
Court Administration Division
25 Dominica Drive
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.