The Easterly in US Virgin Islands is hiring a The Easterly - Lead Reservationist / Door Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
OUR EXCITING WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Easterly | St. Thomas is a waterfront dining oasis offering innovative craft cocktails and wood-fired cuisine representative of the rustic Caribbean. The menu is ocean-to-table focused, and utilizes locally grown produce and local flavors to compliment the dishes. The Easterly offers one of the Virgin Island’s most robust beverage programs with unique handcrafted cocktails, twists on Caribbean favorites, and an extensive list of craft beers & wine. Tucked away in an oasis of palm trees and rich greenery, the restaurant exudes a Bohemian-island vibe, and offers a social, vibrant and interactive dining experience. We believe in a safe and vaccinated workplace.
The ideal candidate is a practiced problem solver, maintains a calm demeanor under pressure, persists to get the job done, and enjoys working alongside a large team to improve performance and increase retention.
As the first (and last) point of contact, The Easterly Lead Reservationist is friendly and warm, yet professional and confident. We are looking for well-presented, engaging individuals who will be excited to provide knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service while upholding Ballast Hospitality standards and values.
The Lead Reservationist is responsible for creating an impression of warmth and hospitality from the first moment a guest calls to make a reservation and/or enter The Easterly. S/he will deal courteously and promptly with any inquiries, and especially customer problems or concerns. S/he will make dining reservations for The Easterly, provide menu information and answer questions, and assist guests with other inquiries (group dining, to-go, etc.). S/he will work with the Operations teams to maximize reservations for the business and create a positive experience for each guest through the phone, email or online reservation system. The Reservationist will work with Resy to book dining reservations. S/he will create & maintain positive relationships with key concierges to increase reservations from local hotels.
- Ability to use the Resy reservation & waitlist systems, and understand their importance. Imperative to be an expert with Resy, with the ability to train & teach incoming hosts how to use the system properly.
- Basic reservations expectations: correct spelling of the guest's name, contact number for date of reservation, concierge and/or hotel info (where appropriate); appropriate reservation notes; getting an email address; understanding of how and when to confirm reservations; know when it's ok to 'squeeze someone in' the reservation book.
- Calling guests with reservations to confirm their reservation details (time, number in party, any allergies or special notes, etc.) prior to opening each day.
- Knowledge of the table numbers, the capacity of every table, combination of tables, and sections within the restaurant.
- Understanding of large party timing, pacing, and spacing rules for the restaurant.
- Knowledge of how to book reservations to maintain an even flow of business, and not negatively impact floor or kitchen operations.
- Ability to 'cross sell' restaurants by encouraging guests that cannot get reservations to walk in, dine at the bar, or try our other restaurant (The Longboard).
- Basic knowledge of menu: signature items, price point, and concept. Basic understanding of the restaurant's beverage 'concept,' as well as knowledge of some signature wines and cocktails.
- Knowledge of daily specials for the restaurant.
- Names of the restaurant's Managers and Chef(s), concept, price point, and dress code. Ability to provide address, phone number, and email for the restaurant.
- Ability to provide directions to the restaurant from major landmarks (airport, ferry, major hotels, etc.).
- Knowledge of parking situation near the restaurant.
- Know how to handle difficult situations with professionalism and courtesy in accordance with Ballast Hospitality standards. Always alert a manager to any guest issues or complaints.
- Be knowledgeable about promotions and marketing events, and able to relay relevant information about those items to the guest.
- Check voicemail frequently for any missed calls, and return calls as needed.
- Know how to handle to-go orders.
- Know how to look up guest receipts.
- Know how to review Trip Advisor & Yelp, and other sources of online feedback to alert managers of any guest issues.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently with restaurant managers & the Ballast Hospitality management team.
- Generate fun and excitement through your personality and positive attitude to help ensure return visits by our guests.
- Greet all guests entering the restaurant and thank all guests leaving the restaurant.
- Manage reservation system.
- Ensure reservations are prioritized and seated in a timely manner.
- Strive to accommodate walk-in guests whenever possible.
- Clearly and politely communicate with guests when delays and/or waits occur.
- Maintain an organized floor by quickly and efficiently seating guests according to company standards.
- Understand and operate the reservation/seating system.
- Maintain professional and warm guest communications - inside the restaurant or via phone/email.
- Recognize key people in the industry, VIP guests and contacts related to the company and follow company protocol related to their visit.
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with the service team and management.
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure the satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service.
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization at the host stand and front door area.
- Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by the manager.
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
- Assist teammates to anticipate all other FOH needs.
- Be knowledgeable of the restaurant and its history.
ADDITIONAL ADMIN & SUPPORT DUTIES
- Responsible for menus: Checking all to ensure they are presentable (no stains, rips, watermarks, etc.). Communicating menu needs to a manager for ordering purposes in a timely manner.
- Assisting manager with host schedule.
- Training all hosts upon hire to work the host position with Ballast Hospitality standards in mind.
- Office supply orders as needed.
- Working as the host position during service 5 shifts per week, at minimum.
- Update marketing department on special promotions (reservation counts).
- Additional duties as assigned by the GM & AGM as needed
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in the restaurant or concierge industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with RESY or comparable reservation software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess an exceptional work ethic, a strong sense of hospitality, and a collaborative attitude.
- Ability to work in an organized and professional manner.
- Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment.
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback.
- Covid-19 Vaccine
WHO WE ARE
We believe in living our values, some of which are:
- Without integrity, all else fails.
- We believe in the ongoing training and development of our staff, and see it as a worthy investment in the future of the company.
- Without creativity, there is no innovation.
- We believe that only a happy and professional staff can give the level of personal service we demand.
- We believe in providing legendary service – the unique and powerful sort of personal care and attention that our guests tell stories about.
- We expect to work hard, exude professionalism, and have fun in the workplace - simultaneously.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Easterly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.