Virgin Islands Water & Power Authority n US Virgin Islands is hiring a Meter Reading Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Meter Reading Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, supervising, verifying, and measuring automated and manual electric and water meter reading activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes work standards, systems and procedures to ensure timely and accurate meter readings
- Coordinates all meter reading activities and establishes work standards, systems, and procedures to facilitate a thorough, timely and accurate meter reading program
- Coordinates with the Billing team to create a meter reading and billing schedule to enable bill timely bill issuance, consistent with established performance standards and local law.
- Review meter reading schedule daily, and modify as needed in concert with the Billing Department
- Supervises the meter reading analyst, providing leadership, guidance, training, support, and back-up for the analyst’s data analytics, routine meter to cash dashboards, performance metrics, and error validation analysis
- Oversees checking of Meter Sense meter read validations and required field work to verify questioned readings so that errors can be corrected prior to billing
- Assists in preparing the annual departmental budget; approves time and attendance records of subordinates
- Provides technical assistance on metering problems to customers, contractors, and utility personnel
- Gives technical guidance, assistance, and training to meter reading staff
- Contacts customers by mail, telephone or in person to resolve any discrepancies or dispute over meter access and meter readings
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers and disciplinary measures
- Analyzes and resolves work problems; may confer with union representatives to resolves disputes and grievances
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of overall utility business operations, meter reading and meter services processes and procedures
- Knowledge of sound financial practices in the establishment and control of budget and general accounting procedures required by utility standards
- Computer skills, including the ability to use Tantalus, Meter Sense, and similar systems to manage the acquisition, processing, and validation of electric and water meter reads.
- Ability to analyze alternatives and select the most feasible and economical methods
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in oral and written communication
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships
- Ability to interpret and explain complex rules, regulations and other data
- Knowledge of PC and different software applications
Education & Experience
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field and four of which must be in a supervisory capacity, or a high school diploma with a minimum of seven (7) years experience in a closely related field, four (4) of which must be in a supervisory capacity