Frederiksted Health Care, Inc. in US Virgin Islands is hiring a Licensed Clinical Social Worker on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
In this fast-paced environment, this role focuses on individual, family and group psychotherapy and counseling with children and/or adults. The position includes initial behavioral health in-takes and evaluations, management and coordination with community agencies, and may clinically supervise unlicensed staff or students.
• Completes intakes for behavioral health; provide confidential, individual, group and family psychotherapy with children and/or adults in an outpatient clinic.
• Practices as part of an interdisciplinary, inter-professional team, accepting “warm hand offs” from primary care providers and other members of the health care team as well as reaching into the patient population to identify patients potentially in need of behavioral health services as flagged by the BH clinical dashboard.
• Consults with providers within and outside the agency regarding the treatment plan and progress of the patients.
• Coordinates as needed with psychiatric consultants for diagnostic and consultative needs; refers as necessary for medication management.
• Attends clinical Team Meetings as assigned and Component Meetings.
• Attends clinical supervision.
• Meets productivity standards as outlined annually during the employee’s performance appraisal review with a focus on quality clinical care.
• Meets Meaningful Use standards.
• Manages EHR
• Completes all documentation required by state regulations, and FHC Behavioral Health department bylaws in a timely manner, included by not limited to intake, prior authorization requests, progress notes, treatment plan documentation, and discharge.
• Completes and locks all treatment notes no later than the end of the next business day.
• Completes reports as required for outside agencies such as HHS, Family Relations, probation, and others with appropriate releases signed by clients.
• Participates as a member of agency-wide committees as assigned.
Non-essential Functions: Assist with any other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Requirements / Job qualifications:
Education and Training:
• Ph.D. /Psy.D, LCSW, LPC, LMFT; Masters degree required.
- Licensed/Certified to practice in the U.S. Virgin Islands – Required.
- Current CPR (BLS) certificate
• Minimum of two years of experience with behavioral health and substance abuse counseling in an outpatient setting including experience with adults and children.
• Specifically, this role requires two solid years of working directly with our patient population in clinical therapy and substance abuse counseling: Assessment, demonstration of DSM-V recognition and expertise, implementation of evidence-based practice for individual, group, and family interventions.
• Theoretical orientation is consistent with brief, problem-focused therapy.
• Reliable access to an automobile or reliable access to transportation to outside agency consults, meetings and home visits.
• Written and oral bilingual fluency in the language spoken by patient population (for example, English/Spanish) preferred.
Skills and abilities: (language, mathematical, reasoning, etc.)
Physical/mental demands: The physical/mental demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance on two feet, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Mental demands include the ability to learn, adapt to changes, and become proficient quickly, pay close attention to details, courteous and professional demeanor, ability to deal with the stress of meeting deadlines and adhere to company policies and procedures.)
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure (Please Check One):
☐Category I: Job classification includes ALL employees who have occupational exposure* to bloodborne pathogens* (blood or body fluids) while performing their job duties.
☒Category II: Job classification includes employees who are likely to have SOME occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens because Category I tasks may occasionally be required.
☐Category III: Job Classification includes those employees who perform jobs and tasks where NO CONTACT with bloodborne pathogens occurs and Category I and Category II tasks ARE NOT a condition of employment.