Cayman Islands Monetary Authority in Cayman Islands is hiring a Deputy Head - Investments Supervision Division on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Reporting to the Head of Division, the Deputy Head primarily supports the management of the Division by providing guidance, assistance to and supervision of the Chief Analysts and Senior Analysts to achieve the remit, goals and objectives of the Division and ultimately of the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (“CIMA”).
The successful candidate will:
- Plan, direct and delegate all off-site monitoring and on-site inspection processes and divisional projects;
- Address or direct enquiries from external constituents relating to regulated entities and make recommendations to the Head of Division where appropriate;
- Recommend to the Head of Division the imposition of constraints on the activities of any registrant or licensee where such action is necessary;
- Liaise with the Head of Division in developing standards, policies and practices for the off-site monitoring and on-site inspection processes;
- Attend and/or chair meetings with regulated entities, industry representatives and CIMA Management;
- Analyse emerging market trends and supervisory techniques and apply as necessary to enhance divisional policies and procedures;
- Identify the need for developing new regulations or directives, and participate in the drafting of the legislative changes;
- Deliver strategic objectives (in conjunction with the Head of Division) through the Division’s team;
- Develop the staff of the Division, which includes performance management, training, coaching and mentoring; and
- Represent the organisation at conferences, events and act for the Head of Division when necessary.
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited institution in a Finance related field;
- Nine (9) years’ experience in the respective industry or a financial institution where duties included compliance, legal or risk management; experience within a regulatory or supervisory body would be an asset;
- Five (5) years’ experience in a middle/senior management position;
- An accounting, securities related or legal qualification/designation is required;
- Sound working knowledge of international standards and industry best practices;
- Expert knowledge of the Mutual Funds Act, regulations, relevant rules, guidance, policies and procedures as they relate to Mutual Funds and Fund Administrators;
- Significant knowledge of emerging investments related supervisory techniques, as well as current knowledge of domestic, international, financial and economic events;
- Proven managerial, project management analytical skills, and training experience;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)