Ogier in Cayman Islands is hiring a Senior Associate - Investment Funds on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our growing and dynamic Investment Funds team at Ogier. The purpose of this role is to provide technically advanced legal advice on a range of issues, whilst developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients and intermediaries alike.
- Acting as a main point of contact in the area of expertise both internally and externally whilst providing technically sound legal opinions and technical advice to clients
- Establishing, developing and maintaining productive relationships with external clients whilst providing quality client service
- Preparing and presenting training seminars to both employees and clients, as appropriate
- Ensuring team members are made aware of, utilise and comply with procedures and standard documents
- Responsible for the performance and development of the junior members of the team including mentoring and training to achieve the highest levels of operational effectiveness
- Ensuring effective management of time, effort and resources in order to generate maximum efficiencies of team
- Ensuring decisions are consistent with and support broader organisational goals, legislative requirements and organisational policies
- Preparing fee matter estimates and quotes for issue by Managing Associates and Partners
- Ensuring timeliness of debt collection and accuracy of billing
- Understanding and supporting the Legal Business plan
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 8 years' post qualification experience within a leading law firm in one or all of the following environments: Banking and Finance, Funds, Trusts or Corporate and Commercial
- Strong team and relationship-building, negotiation, decision-making, presentation, drafting, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to inspire, engage and develop others
- Ability to formulate, consider and select the most appropriate solutions
- Be results-driven with a high level of business and commercial acumen
Ogier provides legal advice on BVI, Cayman, Guernsey, Jersey and Luxembourg law. Our network of locations also includes Hong Kong, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.
Legal services for the corporate and financial sectors form the core of our business, principally in the areas of banking and finance, corporate, investment funds, dispute resolution, private equity and private wealth. We also have strong practices in the areas of employee benefits and incentives, employment law, regulatory, restructuring and corporate recovery and property.
Ogier's corporate administration business, Ogier Global, incorporates and administers a wide variety of vehicles including public and private companies, partnerships and trusts.
Ogier is based in 10 jurisdictions including BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.