Ogier in Cayman Islands is hiring an Associate - Investment Funds on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
We are looking for an Associate to join our growing and dynamic Investment Funds team at Ogier. The purpose of this role is to provide technically sound legal advice on a range of issues, whilst building and maintaining productive relationships with clients and intermediaries.
- Building and maintaining productive working relationships with clients. Establishing credibility, influencing where appropriate and providing excellent client service;
- Drafting documentation for fund launches, ongoing maintenance and terminations;
- Understanding and advising on regulatory obligations applicable to investment funds;
- Preparing fee proposals;
- Ensuring timeliness of billing and debt collection;
- Ensuring effective management of time, effort and resources in order to generate maximum efficiencies and maintaining accurate time records at all times;
- Ensuring work is compliant with procedures and standard documents;
- Contributing to Knowledge Management (KM) information/system and ensuring such contributions are accurate and current;
- Building knowledge and experience in practice area to the highest standards;
- Providing support and guidance to more junior members of the team; and
- Undertaking project work as required, supporting and delivering on initiatives identified and designated from time to time by supervising attorneys and partners.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- 2 - 5 years' PQE;
- Experience with a leading law firm in all or some of the following practice areas: Investment Funds, Private Equity, Regulatory Advisory. General Corporate & Commercial;
- Strong Academics;
- Good interpersonal skills, effective communicator, strong influencing skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to formulate, consider and select the most appropriate solutions;
- Strong relationship management and client care skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team; and
- Excellent drafting skills with high attention to detail and the ability to be succinct.
Ogier provides legal advice on BVI, Cayman, Guernsey, Jersey and Luxembourg law. Our network of locations also includes Hong Kong, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.
Legal services for the corporate and financial sectors form the core of our business, principally in the areas of banking and finance, corporate, investment funds, dispute resolution, private equity and private wealth. We also have strong practices in the areas of employee benefits and incentives, employment law, regulatory, restructuring and corporate recovery and property.
Ogier's corporate administration business, Ogier Global, incorporates and administers a wide variety of vehicles including public and private companies, partnerships and trusts.
Ogier is based in 10 jurisdictions including BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.