Rotoplastics Ltd. in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Maintenance Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
- Includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- monitor all machinery to ensure they are in proper working condition thereby minimizing damage to them and risk to employees
- prepare roster for all Maintenance personnel to include work assignments, break and lunch periods, vacation leave, overtime assignment, backup for absent employees and shift rotations.
- schedule and conduct staff meetings.
- schedule all preventative maintenance on all plant equipment, building structures and vehicles.
- ensure that all repairs/maintenance work is carried out in a timely manner to minimize down time.
- perform/co-ordinate annual maintenance during Plant shut down in December.
- organize, maintain and ensure proper use and care of an inventory of tools, test equipment and supplies.
- ensure adequate stock of maintenance supplies and equipment; purchase materials, supplies and/or equipment as appropriate.
- contact and co-ordinate with external service agencies, as appropriate, to schedule repair work and ensure timely and effective work order completion.
- troubleshoot and resolve or oversee resolution of maintenance problems such as electrical, mechanical or other equipment malfunctions.
- review and verify weekly time sheets/schedule.
- ensure all performance appraisals for maintenance personnel are completed as required.
- ensure that Time-Off Request / Vacation Forms for maintenance personnel are completed and submitted to the Human Resources Department as per Company Policy.
- ensure that all necessary documentation being submitted is accurate and done on a timely manner.
- be alert of your surroundings at all times to ensure your safety as well as that of the Company’s property.
- ensure that your work area/Department is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- perform other related duties as specified by the Directors and/or Operations Manager.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years related experience
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, emails and using the internet
- Must be able to work weekends & public holidays, as needed
- Must possess excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Experience in a unionized environment would be an asset
- Experience in Plastic Film Extrusion, Bag Conversion and Rope-making would be considered an asset
An attractive remuneration package is being offered.
Send applications to: