Barbados Association of Retired Persons Inc. (BARP) in Barbados is hiring an EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Barbados Association of Retired Persons (BARP) Inc. is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) which actively promotes the independence, dignity, and purpose in life of our members, representing and expressing their views and concerns, and taking action to bring about change.
We are currently seeking to recruit a responsive, thoughtful, self-directed, positive individual who embraces challenges. This dynamic position requires that the individual has the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Key Performance Areas
• Provides comprehensive support to the Executive Manager, the Board of Management liaises with external partners and coordinates the seamless flow of operational activities in the BARP Office.
• Provides sophisticated calendar management for the Executive Manager.
• Prepares executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence and emails.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Executive Manager ability to effectively lead the organization.
• Performs a variety of tasks, helps keep long term projects on track and handles more urgent requirements.
• Works closely with the Executive Manager to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Arranges and handle logistics for Board meetings and events.
• Performs minor Accounting duties.
• Maintains KPIs.
• Prepares reports, collects and analyses information; prepares presentations.
• A Degree in Business and at least three (3) years in an administrative support or executive assistant position. Significant executive support experience is an asset. OR
• The Private Secretary’s Certificate, or a Diploma in Administrative Management or a related qualification and not less than five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
• Significant executive support experience in dealing with executives for a non-profit board.
• High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff and all stakeholders.
• Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
• Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
• Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
• Problem-solving skills and excellent judgment are essential.
• Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
Application letters and resumes, along with the name and contact information for two business references, should be submitted to:
The HR Manager
Barbados Association of Retired Persons
Marine Gardens, Hastings,
Applications will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.