Barbados Association of Retired Persons Inc. (BARP) in Barbados is hiring a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Barbados Association of Retired Persons (BARP) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) which actively promotes the independence, dignity, and purpose in life of our members, representing and expressing their views and concerns, and taking action to bring about change.
The Business Development Officer is responsible for overseeing business growth efforts on behalf of BARP. The role includes leading the Business Development strategy and its implementation; the promotion of BARP’s products and services to new members; as well as developing strategies and writing proposals for funding opportunities.
Key Performance Areas
• Conducts market research to identify new business opportunities.
• Develops and brings to market new products and services.
• Creates detailed business plans for product and service delivery.
• Develops and implements marketing and growth strategy campaigns to achieve BARP’s goals and objective.
• Demonstrates extensive understanding of business growth models and the ability to foresee commercial opportunities to increase revenue.
• Maintains positive business relationships with strategic partners and other stakeholders.
• Develops projects that would attract funding from international funding agencies.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field with a focus on business development. At least 3-5 years’ experience in a Business Development role, or as a commercial manager, or in another relevant role. A high level of business acumen and proven entrepreneurial initiatives are assets.
• Knowledge of Business development strategies, project management, and successful proposal writing.
• Must have an innovative mindset to develop solutions and a willingness to take strategic risks.
• Proven success in sales and/or marketing, as well as evidence of the ability to manage relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
• Solid understanding of market research methods and analysis.
• Excellent instincts and commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mindset.
• Extensive business network and relationships would be an asset.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Application letters and resumes, along with the name and contact information for two business references, should be submitted to:
The HR Manager
Barbados Association of Retired Persons
Marine Gardens, Hastings,
Applications will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.