The Substance Abuse Foundation Inc. in Barbados is hiring a Senior Mental Health & Addiction Specialist on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Verdun and Marina Houses are expanding their range of clinical services to include Mental Wellness Clinics and to add additional resources to their Residential and Outpatient services. These new services are all geared towards the healing of the Families and the youth. This position requires advanced clinical competencies, strong knowledge of family therapies, independent judgment and well-developed behavioural competencies, analytical thinking, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills. This position is a hybrid clinical-management position with staff supervision responsibilities.
Mental Health & Addiction Counselling
- Provide individual counselling and facilitate group therapy sessions for clients using a range of therapies geared towards hope, healing and recovery
- Facilitate group therapy sessions that address issues related to addiction, trauma, and emotional wellness
- Conduct Wellness Clinics for clients and their family members
- Provide individualised and specialised support to families
Staff Consultation and Programme Management/Development Assistance
- Provide consultations to Counsellors
- Serve as an integral part of the Clinical Team in treatment planning reviews, case conferences and client consultations.
- Provide clinical coaching, as assigned, to members of the team, student interns and clinical volunteers to facilitate the development of clinical competencies and ethical practice participation
- Assist Programme Manager with identifying, implementing and managing programme services for clients’ specific needs.
- Help to guide the Family Programme process in collaboration with existing team members.
- Assist in providing leadership and training to the Clinical Team as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Masters’ level Degree or equivalent experience in the Human Services field of studies such as Psychology, Addiction or Co-Occurring Counselling,
- Experience and knowledge of the 12 Steps
- Understanding and familiarity with the full array of mental health disorders and the research-based treatment used to treat them
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solver using excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role
- Computer literacy and working knowledge with the Microsoft Office suite
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of the DSM 5
- Experiencing treating men and women with co-occurring disorders
- Knowledge of family therapy theories and techniques
- Knowledge of and experience with the application of family therapy theories with families of individuals in treatment and early recovery
- Experience providing trauma treatment to men and women in individual and group settings
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Experience and proficiency in chemical dependency evaluations as well as psychological evaluations and assessments.
- Proven track record of keeping abreast of the current quality of care standards and assisting with timely implementation
- Experience in the treatment of adolescence
Applications, together with curriculum vitae, two recent testimonials (Professional and personal) should be sent to the following:
“Senior Mental Health & Addiction Specialist”
Director of Clinical Services
The Substance Abuse Foundation Inc.
Pool, St. John, Barbados